2.2 T / S

Ongoing and archived Porsche (and other marques) restoration threads from DDK members

Moderator: Bootsy

MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by MikeB »

Well, here we are at what is the last planned upgrade.

The S Calipers are fitted !! Here they are just back from bedding in the EBC pads :lol:

So the front suspension in all it's glory :) S Calipers, new brake disc Spax inserts and the previously fitted Weltmeister adjustable 19mm bar.

As usual it was all a bit more fraught than just screwing it all together. I got the uprights off eBay, and then had to get the spacer collar that fits on the back of the stub axle. Then when I went to put the hub on, ofcourse the clamp bolt from my T uprights was a 16mm, not the required 18mm ! So it was off to my OPC once more. This was all on the tail of Spax being totally annoying and taking 3 months to produce the two inserts, which ofcourse came with the wrong screw collar for the top of the strut. So that was a trip to my friends at Crossle Racing Cars, for another couple of pieces of their beautiful machining.

As previouslly shown the Stomski stainless steel pistons, courtesy of Pelican, fitted a treat, but all in all you're looking at well over a grands worth of gear, so it's not a cheap little up-grade. But the intention is that it makes it all closer to the ST Rally spec I'm using as my target, so ofcourse it's worth it :roll:

First impressions are good and there seems to be none of the fabled caliper flexing, so I'm just off for a bit more pad burning :wink:
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 911hillclimber »

Are you pleased with the GreenStuff pads?
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Graham

I've used them in most of my classic road/competition cars, and always thought they were good, both in speed events and road rallies.

Haven't had a real chance to try them in the 911 S Calipers, as it decided to pour here today, so there's no pint in going out brake testing !!
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

I've had a set in my 911 hotrod for about 3 years and seem good if not very good.
Also have them in the lola where they seem very good.

Roger Moran has the same compound as his Gould in his 911 rally car (S Calipers) and they are exceptional (personal experience)
No idea what the compound is though!

Graham.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Just a couple of shots of the current interior, so you can see how it turned out. There are floor mats in the front footwells, to keep the Appbiz RS carpets in good order for day to day use, BTW :wink:

Oh, and I put the Blaupunkt radio in for those long road trips to and from the events :)
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Decided to make put a matching OMP sports seat into the car. I fabricated sliding mounts and brackets to bolt onto the mountings for the competition seats, so that it's a straight bolt in job if anyone wants to put the Sparcos back into it.

Looks a bit more retro now, I hope :)

Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Just a note to say the For Sale price is now £29,500. ( Ad should be edited soon)

Drop me a PM if you need any other details etc
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

Matching seats look so much better!
Maybe I should return mine too a bit less 'competition' too.
Good luck with your sale.
majordad
I luv DDK!

Re: 2.2 T / S

Post by majordad »

Thanks Mike for the link to this.

Dave
1972 2.4S, since 1988
993 RSR Cup
73 RS Rep Race
2018 GT3RS Lizard