356b for sale

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: 356b for sale

Post by jeremyg »

Mike Smith wrote:Very - Very Nice

Paul Owns a Graphite Carrera (Requiring Resto) - I guess we had best get on with it while I am still alive to take a spin
Do that Mike!
takeflight
DDK above all

Post by takeflight »

Thanks guys, I am still sitting on the fence, I have no need or desire for a trailer queen, but the Silver A that sets the heart racing.
https://www.prs356.co.uk/car-sales/

Now if it was the same price as the B :lol: I could pick it up tomorrow.

Some how I don't think that's going to happen.
Roy
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

Buy the very best car you can because rebuilt cars cost more to do than they sell for, which means that if you buy a lesser car, it may well cost you more than a good one and still it may not be as good.

I speak with many years experience of ignoring the advice I’m giving.
Last edited by Ashley James on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston Teague

Post by Winston Teague »

That Silver A is twice the car that the blue B is. The B is a T6 which to my eye is the least desirable body, the A is a pukka AFN car, that is yelling at you. Dig deep, drive it a lot and don't be too precious of it. You only regret the money you don't spend......

Secondly, a bit of advice i give all Frazer Nash enquirors: Try them all, these cars are for sale, view them all, try them, soak them up, every time you see/sit in/drive one you will get closer to understanding what they are about (they are all different) and what you want in one. Anyone who moans about tyre kickers etc needs to get over themselves.

Good luck and keep us posted! W
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
takeflight
DDK above all

Post by takeflight »

Winston Teague wrote:That Silver A is twice the car that the blue B is. The B is a T6 which to my eye is the least desirable body, the A is a pukka AFN car, that is yelling at you. Dig deep, drive it a lot and don't be too precious of it. You only regret the money you don't spend......

Secondly, a bit of advice i give all Frazer Nash enquirors: Try them all, these cars are for sale, view them all, try them, soak them up, every time you see/sit in/drive one you will get closer to understanding what they are about (they are all different) and what you want in one. Anyone who moans about tyre kickers etc needs to get over themselves.

Cheers only up the road from me.
Roy
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

Best car decision I have made was buying my 356A on the recommendation of Paul at PRS.

ImageL1210342 by CARMANWAITINGINTHESKY, on Flickr

Go for the silver one : )
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
Hendrik Moulds

Post by Hendrik Moulds »

takeflight wrote:
Winston Teague wrote:That Silver A is twice the car that the blue B is. The B is a T6 which to my eye is the least desirable body, the A is a pukka AFN car, that is yelling at you. Dig deep, drive it a lot and don't be too precious of it. You only regret the money you don't spend......

Cheers only up the road from me.
Roy
Wise words indeed.
I don't regret buying any of the cars I've owned, whether they were bad cars dressed up to look good or not.
It's all part of the journey. :)
(Formally 356ist)
Membership #: 356!
1953 Cabriolet
1959 Coupe (Sold)
1961 Notchback
1961 Sunroof Coupe (Sold)
1962 Coupe (Gone, but not forgotten!)
ALL RHD OF COURSE!
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

I’m sitting in Porsche Swindon while they fit me a cruise control and where they’re selling an absolutely immaculate, but not concours 2.4 LHD 911 in black with corduroy seat inserts. It’s a very nice car indeed but £142,000 when there’s also a very low mileage 992 Carrera 4S with a panoramic sunshine roof for £77,000.

Always worth bearing in mind before you buy an expensive oldie is that you can often get a much more reliable and enjoyable modern for less.
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

Ashley James wrote:I’m sitting in Porsche Swindon while they fit me a cruise control and where they’re selling an absolutely immaculate, but not concours 2.4 LHD 911 in black with corduroy seat inserts. It’s a very nice car indeed but £142,000 when there’s also a very low mileage 992 Carrera 4S with a panoramic sunshine roof for £77,000.

Always worth bearing in mind before you buy an expensive oldie is that you can often get a much more reliable and enjoyable modern for less.
Must be a 991.2?

A new 992 is well over £100k.

And yes...that thought goes through my mind quite often.....a new Alpine A110 would be nice.
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Ashley James wrote:

you're like a broken record :roll: ... not everyone enjoys the more modern stuff more than the classics
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

hot66 wrote:
Ashley James wrote:

you're like a broken record :roll: ... not everyone enjoys the more modern stuff more than the classics
Just be thankful he didn't tell him to buy a 718 Boxster as that's the best car ever made in the world ever.... :roll: :roll:
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

hot66 wrote:
Ashley James wrote:

Maybe they are, for some reason, unaware of the vast benefits of something modern. For example, having the phone cooperate with the Satnav to find locations it’s doesn’t have, or air con, or reversing aids, blind spot warning, auto application of handbrake and easy hills starts etc. Modern cars are so much better riding and handling and so much less effort to drive, you have to consider them in case you buy and oldie and don’t use it much because it’s hard work.

Let’s face it a Ford Fiesta ST is probably superior in ever respect to a 930 for £185,000 I saw this morning and a £200 Nissan Micra than my 356C or a 912.

I love old cars and have owned and driven them for over fifty years but......

A Citroen Light 15 or Traction 11B is another amazing old car that influenced much of the UK car industry. An E Type has the same front suspension as designed before 1934!

The 718 is a substantial improvement over the model that preceded it as you’d expect. :roll:
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Ashley James wrote: Modern cars are so much better riding and handling and so much less effort to drive ...

- which is one of the very reasons I like 'old' cars ... you need to input the effort to get the most out of them & when you get it even half right it gives you a 'buzz' .

In addition, to get the same level of enjoyment/excitement/satisfaction/etc in a modern car you need to be travelling at much higher (& often) illegal speeds ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
210bhp

Post by 210bhp »

Plus, tinkering with old cars is so much more self satisfying than plugging a ‘modern’ into a computer for a diagnosis which dulls the brain so much.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Speaking of which Mike - isn't it about time you updated your Targa restoration thread ?

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”