New Top Gear line-up ...

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: New Top Gear line-up ...

Post by MikeB »

Having watch the last series of the Grand Tour, I found myself fast forwarding through large bits of it, full of the same stupid antics whenever they get on the road. Yes, it is a very tired format and frankly C, M & H are now so predictable you just know what’s coming and it no longer amuses.

I did enjoy last night’s TG, I think it was an improvement on the last couple of series, as atleast annoying Rory has gone. I’ll watch the next show, it’s entertainment along with cars, but so far it hasn’t been annoying.
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

I watched TG yesterday on BBC2 and I actually liked it.

The part with the Ferrari and McLaren seemed to be 'squeezed in': the laps done by the Stig weren't even shown, so I asked myself why they didn't make the whole episode entirely about the Ethiopian roadtrip.

Furthermore I had a hard time understand what Paddy McGuiness was saying. Although I'm not British I usually can handle an accent, but sometimes....
Last edited by Black Betty on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to burn out, than to fade away
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

It wer a reet gud watch. First time av sat through an ol episode in ova 10 years.

Even err indoors enjoyed it, tho might be becus of that Flintoff fella.
defianty
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by defianty »

I enjoyed it. First one I've watched all the way through since Clarkson, Hammond and May left. Yes you can pick holes in the content but for an hours entertainment based around cars it fits the bill for a Sunday night.

I watch all the guys mentioned before on YouTube along with many others. Far more interesting than anything offered on TV.
Last edited by defianty on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen

1973 914 3.0 GT Build Progress
1974 TR6

914 Rear Alignment Shims
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Agree with all that Stephen
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah