Super-secret 356 Coupe Project

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Super-secret 356 Coupe Project

Post by mdmax72 »

Performance wise for a daily driver l guess 150 is plenty, these cars are lightweight and will keep up with most average a new car. This can also depend on what she is used to driving as a daily. Although having the extra is always that bit more fun for when it’s required. It’s all good having the extra horse but you have to have the capability of stopping it to.

One thing to be aware of with these cars is cross winds when travelling at speed, can scare the crap out of you.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Rich, how much is your car weighing these days ? Can't remember now, but when you came to Spa in it , were you running the current motor ?
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

amie has a bmw x3, but she's about to swap it for a new volvo xc40 t5 - she'd be fine with the "pace" and is fairly handy behind the wheel. she was banging out consistent 1:35 second laps around donington in a ginetta g40 on a cold/damp day last autumn with a 15 stone passenger! pole last year for a ginetta junior (probably better set-up, more stripped out, sequential gearbox i think, and definitely no passenger) was 1:25 for comparison :)

the intention isn't for this car to go about worrying 911's and m4's, its more that it feels quick (which could be as much down to the sound/characteristics as anything) and can give a few people a shock here and there in their 2.0tdi's!.. i don't want it to be totally un-driveable - it needs to be something she can literally jump in and drive wherever and whenever she wants :)
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

James when we went to spa it had the old engine 1911cc 110bhp.

The weight of the car is 842kg. What you thinking?

Smallspeed. The sounds and everything else does play a part in the driving experience absolutely. Think I’d save up for the better heads if she’s more than capable which by the sounds of it she is.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Bruce M »

Any updates?

Interested to see the full details of your oil pump blueprinting ;-)