Musty old funk.

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

Jonny Hart
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Musty old funk.

Post by Jonny Hart »

Well this is odd. I have a mate Steve who lives in Spain. He was in the music biz (MoS) and he tells me that an old buddy of his has opened a bar near me (T Wells). Steve visits and insists we visit said bar but to take some records...

Now here’s the thing. Building a house, running a business and sheer laziness of Spotify meant my vinyl has been relegated to the shed, unplayed for ten years. We venture out on a wet evening last week and randomly grab a dozen platters in the dark. They honk a bit if I’m honest.

Somehow things turn out ok and I’m asked to come back. Musty Records is born.

Thursday nights (tomorrow) at the Common Rooms Bar in Tunbridge Wells.

So if you like musty old funk and disco you know what to do...

https://m.facebook.com/thecommonroomsbar/
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Re: Musty old funk.

Post by Hugo 356 »

Funnily enough I went to a 40th birthday at the Common Rooms a couple of months ago - nice bar. Much as I love old funk & disco TW is a bit of a trek for me but will pass on to my friends...
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
Jonny Hart
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Musty old funk.

Post by Jonny Hart »

Nice bar and a good crowd. Got offered a regular slot so must have done something right.

What I’d forgotten is what three and a half hours of tunes weighs! Over 10kg of records lugged.