1970 UK RHD 911 2.2S - Diary

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: 1970 UK RHD 911 2.2S - Diary

Post by 911hillclimber »

Only just found this thread.
Never used Autofarm, but casually know Josh as many do.

The cost for that work raises an eyebrow, but if you are not in a position to 'DIY' these jobs then that is the price.

I have only known 2 good reliable suppliers, Mike Bainbridge and Bob Watson, so sadly only one left for me. I've always tried to avoid all experts esp when they are put on pedestals and I suffered from 2 of the 'gods' a few years ago and will never ever visit them again, but their workshops are full so they won't miss me.

Use the car regularly and exercise everything esp electrical and those costs will tumble.

Finally, I would die if presented with that bill but it has a good clear break-down of parts and lots of detail, but... :shock:
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
squirejo
DDK forever

Post by squirejo »

It also comes with 10 hand written pages of engineers notes. £400 a page, rivals that silly money RS book.

Anyway back on topic. It's back!!

Not news to many members but after a 6 mth hibernation what a joy to be blasting along sweeping A roads, dispatching the dawdlers, reminding yourself how the dog-leg box works :-) and relishing in the beautiful sunset.

Is it fast? Not in the traditional sense. But it gathers pace very well and can sustain great pace thanks to the fluidity of the whole package. What a treat.
1970 911 2.2 S
2004 996 GT3 mk II
Renault 5 GT Turbo
BMW i3 REX
Jaguar F-Pace S 3.0 supercharged.
McLaren 12C spider
squirejo
DDK forever

Post by squirejo »

Pleased to say the mileage has piled on recently. Well, in the context of the last 18mths anyway. Popping out for a loaf of bread has been a particular favourite in the Cotswolds, it's amazing how far you have to go to find an open shop. That has obviously also given me the opportunity to use the car in all conditions, so, I am pleased to report that recent works appear to have the car in very fine running order from cold start to redline.

Last weekend I went to the Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble. Like a Goodwood breakfast club for classics. A great A road drive over there and I gatecrashed the PCGB parking area. Thought they could do with a boost, largely "modern" stuff.

Which was in stark contract to elsewhere; some great sights, sounds and smells and it's a nice way of having a poke around the site and the businesses based there.

1970 911 2.2 S
2004 996 GT3 mk II
Renault 5 GT Turbo
BMW i3 REX
McLaren 12C spider
King's Lead Hat
DDK Newbie

Post by King's Lead Hat »

I remember being dazzled by Mr Canford's efforts back when he 1st restored (re-animated, more/like) 9110301242, on the Early 911S Registry --- what? . . . 8 years, ago now? . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums ... a-RHD-2-2S

Got curious + followed the story here, but now? . . . I see that it's been some 2.5 yrs since the last installment, so . . .

. . . think maybe it's time for an üpdate?

I can explain it to you . . . but I can't understand it for you
squirejo
DDK forever

Post by squirejo »

King's Lead Hat wrote:I remember being dazzled by Mr Canford's efforts back when he 1st restored (re-animated, more/like) 9110301242, on the Early 911S Registry --- what? . . . 8 years, ago now? . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums ... a-RHD-2-2S

Got curious + followed the story here, but now? . . . I see that it's been some 2.5 yrs since the last installment, so . . .

. . . think maybe it's time for an üpdate?

yes you're right.....coming soon....

1970 911 2.2 S
2004 996 GT3 mk II
Renault 5 GT Turbo
BMW i3 REX
McLaren 12C spider