GRRC Fellowship

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Ian Comerford
I luv DDK!

GRRC Fellowship

Post by Ian Comerford »

I’ve never been able to justify full GRRC membership because I can never guarantee to get to enough events but this looks like a sensible option.https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/fellowshi ... o+viewers+
dragonfly
I luv DDK!

Re: GRRC Fellowship

Post by dragonfly »

I was on the GRRC waiting list for several years, which also gave access to the superb Members’ Meetings.
Then they came up with the idea of the Fellowship, so I would have to start paying to remain on the waiting list.
I even had a phone call from one of the team, explaining that the fees are credited against future membership, but he was unable to give me any idea how long the waiting list was, where I was on it or how long it might take to reach the top.
I decided to pass on that opportunity
Al
Member #665
'81 911SC Arrow Blue
Dragonfly 28 trimaran - no speed limits at sea
stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by stretch »

My other half has just been invited to be a full member after being on the waiting list for donkey's years. Once she read me the benefit's, i didn't think it was worth the £500-odd quid a year.

Can't recall her telling me what was free on the list if anything. :roll: It just seemed to be discounts off of this or that. Early tickets to there events are nonsense, there's usually plenty for sale on our forum. I convinced her she was far better off using the money taking me to France for a pampering...! :lol: :lol:
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

I joined for one year after waiting for 3.

Unless you have plenty of spare cash to spend on the various costly events that are organised for members I dont think it makes a lot of sense. Just my personal view.
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

Access to GRRC bars at Revival and FOS is a huge benefit IMO, as is forward parking at all events- only available to full members though.
The fellowship is just a way of monetizing the waiting list.
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
Kenyon
Married to the DDK

Post by Kenyon »

I decided to not pursue my membership when I was emailed and phoned and asked how much i was enjoying being on the waiting list for membership and then explained I had to pay to be on the list. Added to that there is all the b/s about being in "houses" like its some sort of pseudo Harry Potter show.

That all said, if someone offered me membership tomorrow I would take it. You just feel a mug paying to be on a waiting list for an unspecified time.
Phil

1960 356B Silver
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

stretch wrote:My other half has just been invited to be a full member after being on the waiting list for donkey's years. Once she read me the benefit's, i didn't think it was worth the £500-odd quid a year.

Can't recall her telling me what was free on the list if anything. :roll: It just seemed to be discounts off of this or that. Early tickets to there events are nonsense, there's usually plenty for sale on our forum. I convinced her she was far better off using the money taking me to France for a pampering...! :lol: :lol:
2019 membership gbp 230 - I badge= member + guest
2019 family membership 320 2 badges= 2 Members + 2 guests

So not sure where your GBP 500 comes from?

That aside GRRC fellowship ( see original post) is paying to be upsold- see my previous post
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
stretch

Post by stretch »

Clive, think i posted that very early in the morning. It might start with a 4, but i still think i can spend the money better elsewhere.

PS. miffed in France on the menbership money, excuse the grammer.
Dave
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle