where to get a speedster heated screen

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

Paulvx
DDK Newbie

where to get a speedster heated screen

Post by Paulvx »

Hi all

So kit is ordered from Gary - speedster but with coupe rear seating(!). - looking forward to IVA and think I'll try to get it through with screen in place so will need a heated one or heated demist. I'm thinking the head screen would be better option if I can find one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Paul
greg356a
I luv DDK!

Re: where to get a speedster heated screen

Post by greg356a »

Hi Paul,

Look forward to your build, what spec are you aiming for?

I got my heated screen from Mdmax72 on this forum. Beware there is a huge variation in screens and frames and they don't always work together. You can pass the IVA test without a screen being fitted on a speedster.
1963 Karmann Ghia
1959 356A Coupe Outlaw
1957 3.2 Speedster replica
porschewagen
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by porschewagen »

Hello Paul
You could try Pilkington Classics. I recently ordered one for my coupe replica project. It’s heated and has the required E markings for IVA. Cost about £500 but a Speedster one is smaller so may be cheaper. I got my side glass from SGI glass.

Ian
Paulvx
DDK Newbie

Post by Paulvx »

Cheers guys - will get some more advice from Gary regarding his windscreen frame and glass etc. Don't fancy ordering something that then doesn't fit the other screen furniture

Not sure decided on all the specs yet -
Speedster chassis, speedster body (but with coupe rear seating area bonded in instead of the flat bench as I've got twin boys that'll want a ride in), carrera boot lid.
Ball joint front, IRS rear suspension, speedster clinic steering. CSP or airkewld discs all round. wide 5 wheels.

Not sure about engine - had 3 quotes from well respected builders and all about the same cost whether type 1 or 4 with the same kind of performance.

depending on how the budget goes I'm thinking custom tank and through bonnet filler (but still not sure exactly how to get through IVA with that).

No idea of colour but quite like mango green or some kind of grey (solids not metallic) - my 3 yr old3 want gulf blue but def not!

I'd like the dials and interior to look period correct and overall a bit of an outlaw look.

Any help and advice gratefully received :)
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

have you tried Ricky Evans?

https://www.heatedwindscreen.com/

I brought one for my e36 from him and really pleased with the fit/finish and construction. I know its a lot newer car, but he may be able to help. Has a huge selection for moderns and classics