Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

opv
DDK Fanatic

Post by opv »

Hi All

I've just sold my 911 and now I need something in the garage to replace it. I've always loved the 356 but never had the funds to buy the real thing I've tried to convince my wife that living in a caravan would be fun but she's having none of it. I've now seen you can get a replica coupe model. I've looked on the net and found speedster clinic but I've tried various ways to contact them without any success. All I'm asking is does anyone know of any replica coupe cars for sale or where I could get one built, any info would be greatly accepted. I also like the speedster if anyone knows of a nice car for sale at a realistic price.

Thanks in advance

Charlie
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: newbie

Post by Nine One One »

Charlie,
Have a look at this thread - its long BUT very good - should answer most of your questions to do with building a 356 coupe replica.
Should have gone for a lot more than it did ??

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=651360

Have fun reading it all!

Ian
opv
DDK Fanatic

Post by opv »

Hi Ian
Thanks for that really interesting reading
Charlie
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Hi

I don’t know what you call a reasonable price, but I saw this Beck rep speedster on Facebook today. No personal interest, but the colour caught my eye. Beck, as far as I know are meant to be amongst the better ones.

http://www.willrowe.co.uk/mobile/?redir=1#details_18
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Check out the list of vehicles on the link I posted. It’s listed in there.
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

Shame it's illegally registered – no way an imported 356 kit with an aftermarket-chassis can be registered as a 1957 VW and be MOT and tax exempt... Here's betting the sh*t will hit the fan as soon as the new owner tries to register it in his name.
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Nine One One

Post by Nine One One »

Seem to recall it went for sub £10k could be wrong, which seemed cheap for the time, effort and money that went into it?
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

KS wrote:Shame it's illegally registered – no way an imported 356 kit with an aftermarket-chassis can be registered as a 1957 VW and be MOT and tax exempt... Here's betting the sh*t will hit the fan as soon as the new owner tries to register it in his name.
Yes I noticed that Keith. Good point. Still may be worth looking at if a rep is what you want, and if you accept it’s not likely to be tax exempt.