picture hosting on this site

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

picture hosting on this site

Post by Miggs »

In order to help anybody having difficulties posting pictures on this site I thought a few notes may come in handy.

To display a picture in a post you need to use the Img button that you will see to the top right above the box you are typing your post text in. Once pressed this will create an [Img] piece of code. You then need to post the URL of the picture you want to post and then press the Img button again. Job done!

To get the URL of a picture you need to view the source. On a Mac this can be done by clicking and holding on the picture and opening it in a new window. Then simply copy the URL from your browser address bar and paste it into the message as detailed above. On a PC this can be done by right clicking and then clicking on 'Properties'. The URL will appear in the window that opens. Again copy this and paste it as above.

If you have pictures on your hard drive and wish to host them somewhere for posting then use a site such as Flickr or http://www.photobucket.com

Photobucket is great and once you've signed up and uploaded a pic it even show the URl underneath it so you can copy and then paste it into your message using the [IMG] buttons as described above.

I hope this helps, but please, any problems send me a message and I'll do my best to help further.
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
32FlatSix
DDK addict

Re: picture hosting on this site

Post by 32FlatSix »

I just spotted this and even though its quite old, wonder if you can assist. I'm trying to post photos in and my son ( Technical adviser for all things IT related! ) showed me how using imgur as the source, but of course I didn't do it whilst he was here! I've followed your instructions and chosen the 'LinkedBBCode ( message boards ) address and posted that in between 2 Img codes , but still do not get a picture displaying. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: picture hosting on this site

Post by Bootsy »

Photo bucket isn’t worth using anymore

Try Flickr
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk