New daily driver....back in an Alfa

The place to post images of your other cars.

Moderator: Bootsy

jonno1
I luv DDK!

New daily driver....back in an Alfa

Post by jonno1 »

Needed a bit more room for growing kids....so bought this 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ti. Its a fair bit of car for very little money. Only a handful of these in the UK.

ImageIMG_4299 by Jonathan Stevenson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4285 by Jonathan Stevenson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4287 by Jonathan Stevenson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4278 by Jonathan Stevenson, on Flickr
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: New daily driver....back in an Alfa

Post by KS »

Nice! I loved my 156 2.0 Twin Spark until some kid rear-ended me in traffic. I've come close to buying V6s in the past – fab engines – but had to baulk at the appalling fuel consumption! But Alfas are lovely cars - real driver's cars, even the four-door saloons. Jealous.
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

Cheers -I looked at a number of other more expensive options (BMW etc) then this popped up on ebay and the rest is history.....I owned two 916 3.0 GTVs before. They had the Busso engine which was great, but the torque steer was a pain. This one has the later GM sourced engine which is not as sonorous but is lovely and smooth and powerful.....but is thirsty. Very thirsty.

I think a Wizard exhaust may be necessary to make it sound more like a V6 Alfa should.
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
dragonfly
I luv DDK!

Post by dragonfly »

Great looking car and as a Discovery driver I can sympathise with 'thirsty'.
I'm another Alfa fan, my first car was an Alfasud Sprint and recently had a lift in the new Giulia Veloce which was a cracking hire car with 280hp.
Al
Member #665
'81 911SC Arrow Blue
Dragonfly 28 trimaran - no speed limits at sea
jjeffries
DDK slapper chatter

Post by jjeffries »

Extremely cool car. I've been an Alfa guy since 1985 (two 74 GTV's, still have one; also had a Spider and a GTV6), came to Posrche much later. We are seeing more new Giulia's here now; my impression is that they are HUGE. Have yet to drive one. But at a minimum they lack delicacy, an Alfa trait which your new ride has in spades, in a nonetheless strong and athletic kind of way. Best of luck with it, John in Connecticut, USA
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

never had an alfa, but there's a couple near me that I come across from time to time that always turn my head.. a 147 gta - red, black interior and immaculate (sounds amazing). i'd be tempted with one of those as a little hot-hatch run around for day to day. And a brera v6 q4.. also sounds great, but the owner drives like a dick head - will sit 4" off your backside on straight bits of road, then gets completely dumped as soon as you get to a corner (even in amies x3) only to catch you up for more tailgating antics at the next straight. he needs to chill out and "trust the rubber" more :lol:

really like your 159 - its exactly the same colours/spec/wheels as one a guy I work with used to own. he had it for about 4 years and loved it!
Grindon
Married to the DDK

Post by Grindon »

Love them, I used to thrash about in a Sud in my youth.

I currently have stashed away a 3.0 166 V6 Lusso (my2001) with a manual box. It's a bit of a dog paintwise and it rarely gets used these days, but it's lovely to drive and I can't bring myself to part with it.

Your 159 does looks great and makes me want to get my old barge of a 166 out again!

Cheers,

Kevin
1962 356B S90 (1710cc, RHD)
1969 911T (with 73 2.4 911S motor, LHD)
1976 911 Targa 2.7 (fully rebuilt as 1988 3.3 Turbo Cabriolet (proper job), RHD)
1985 944 2.5 (early dash)
1988 924S (sold)