Bicester Heritage Scramble Sunday 23rd April 2017

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

MikeyC
Married to the DDK

Bicester Heritage Scramble Sunday 23rd April 2017

Post by MikeyC »

Any DDK'ers heading to Bicester this weekend?

I'm hoping to take my '68T over there. I'm at the final stages of this winter project, just waiting for a new set of number plates to come through the post then I'm on the road, with the Bicester Scramble my target destination for it's first public outing.

The car got it's first UK MOT earlier this month, after a complete full body strip and rebuild over winter, from a project car I bought into the country in September, DVLA issued me with a reg only yesterday, so it's to-the-wire. All pre-flight shakedown checks looking good - Engine start, idle, performance: Check. Compression: Check. Fuelling: Check. Electrics: Check. Shifter: Check. Body Sealing: Check. Bonnet-not-popping: Check. Tyres: check. Wheel Alignment: Check. Radio Reception: Hopeless, but who cares, to finally hear the sound of that engine blasting through the gears down the lanes is bl**dy fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing any other DDK'ers there on Sunday if you can make it.
Mike Champion
www.mceporsche.com
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Bicester Heritage Scramble Sunday 23rd April 2017

Post by Sam »

It's the London Marathon on Sunday, we're all doing that.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
jtparr
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by jtparr »

Yup..am going...not sure where I will park as I am meeting up with a few from the E Type forum ...not sure if there is a dedicated Porsche area...?
Jonathan
1974 2.7 Carrera
(full restoration. now as an RS Touring)
1963 3.8 E Type
( 11 years in the making…………………….)
1952. XK120…the next one ……….……..)
MikeyC
Married to the DDK

Post by MikeyC »

Great. Looking forward to it. Not been before, so not sure about how parking works out. Photos from previous years appear to show areas for separate marques?
Mike Champion
www.mceporsche.com
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

MikeyC wrote:Great. Looking forward to it. Not been before, so not sure about how parking works out. Photos from previous years appear to show areas for separate marques?
I've been once before, last year, in an 81 911 targa SC and was directed to park with a local Porsche Club group, joining alongside other marque groups around the airfield perimeter. If you've already got a ticket online (now closed) and have submitted your classic's details then I presume you may be able to go through onto the inner section of the airbase to park randomly amongst the lovely atmospheric old buildings. If you don't have a ticket yet and pay at the gate, then you'll presumably be parked up by the marshall's by marque.
MikeyC
Married to the DDK

Post by MikeyC »

Thanks Jeremy, yes, did the online ticket which requested car details and PCGB membership. PCGB certainly have a presence there so possibly will all be marshalled together that way.
Mike Champion
www.mceporsche.com
MarkIII
I luv DDK!

Post by MarkIII »

First time visiting this annual event, have to say I was very impressed. Hundreds of classics as well as some modern stuff. Best bit for me was being able to look around some of the businesses based at the old air base and see what they were working on.

Decent Porsche turn out from a few early cars and the odd early hot rod to moderns. Few of the stand out cars for me was an early Fraser Nash and a couple of alfa's, unfortunately battery went on my phone so no snaps I'm afraid.

Any body else go along to this and managed to take any snaps?
MikeyC
Married to the DDK

Post by MikeyC »

Hi MarkIII, yes, a great day out. Only one photo from me, I'm afraid, parked up next to a nice 356 speedster and with a few other slightly later model-year neighbours:

A great turn out of Porsches, and hundreds of other marques to take a good look at. Really enjoyable, and nice atmosphere with the biplanes doing joyrides in the sky above, and plenty of interesting cars moving around the site, which is always better than just static displays. Nice that the businesses on the site could open their doors, good publicity for them, and also the Dad's Army 'Home Guard Re-enactment' group deserve a special mention!

Overall, a lot more diverse than many car shows, will go again for sure.
Mike Champion
www.mceporsche.com