17th Annual Oulton Park RS Day 2017

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

map
DDK Fanatic

Ticket Available for 17th Annual Oulton Park RS Day 2017

Post by map »

Unlikely to be able to attend and would prefer to sell the ticket for face value to someone who can make it.

Have posted this on another forum so if it goes in the meantime I will update this post.

If you're interested please pm me.

Thanks

map
map
DDK Fanatic

Sold >> Ticket Available for 17th Annual Oulton Park RS Day

Post by map »

Acquired by one of this forum's members, pleased the ticket will be used - map
Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: 17th Annual Oulton Park RS Day 2017

Post by Darren65 »

Oulton Park proved frusting for me this year with a gearbox seal failing after just a few laps followed by an early trailer ride home which meant I also missed the Welsh overnighter :( ....

....however easing the disappointment was a ride in Paul Howells glorious 993 RSR 8) ....

....being taken out in a race car on slicks is an experience I'll long cherish, it makes my car seem like a toy, and to say that Paul can peddle a bit would be a massive understatement, the guy drives like a pro!

Paul's very generous with his time when it comes to passenger rides and extremely accommodating, a true enthusiast who appreciates how magic these moments are to people. A class act, cheers Paul :thumbleft:

For those interested here's a taster of how impressive this car is with Paul driving (in a borrowed helmet). Absolutely awesome! 8) .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zczU_9Wvj5o&app=desktop

Cheers,
brembo
DDK rules my life!

Post by brembo »

Sorry to hear about your gearbox woes Darren.
Cool video,it always amazes me how calm and smooth the top drivers make it look.
Regards,
Dougie

Worry is the interest on inevitability !
jevvy
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by jevvy »

Darren65 wrote:Oulton Park proved frusting for me this year with a gearbox seal failing after just a few laps followed by an early trailer ride home which meant I also missed the Welsh overnighter :( ....

....being taken out in a race car on slicks is an experience I'll long cherish, it makes my car seem like a toy, and to say that Paul can peddle a bit would be a massive understatement, the guy drives like a pro!
What a shame about the gearbox oil seal, I was behind you when it started smoking a bit and it smelt like a mix of tyre smoke and burnt engine oil - now I know that smell means burnt gearbox oil! Hope you got it sorted ok?

The RSR was really nice, jealous of your passenger laps!

Really enjoyed this years RS day - looking forward to next year already.
Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Darren65 »

Thanks Jevvy, hopefully the car will be sorted this week.....gearbox had just come out to fix an oil leak and freshen up 3rd gear synchro, wished I'd left it until winter! :?

I could have had nearly as much fun if I'd stayed for the afternoon but at least I had a lift back. It is a fantastic day.

I'll come and say hello next time.

Cheers,
Yellow491
Married to the DDK

Post by Yellow491 »

Hi Darren
You are embarrassing me now ;)
More than welcome,the old girl grips well.
Hope you got the box sorted,bet you were truly gutted missing the welsh road part.
It was funny taking nick around the circuit,his doctor phoned to see if he was taking it easy,yes strapped into my car :)
Look out for the 18th rs day.