Top Ginger...

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

PhilipB
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Top Ginger...

Post by PhilipB »

New Top Gear doesn't work without the political incorrectness.

Mind you TGT doesn't work without the BBC being the butt of the joke.

I hope they settle their differences at some point and get back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philip
misteralz
DDK forever

Post by misteralz »

That was the first episode of 'new' Top Gear I've watched. Liked it more than The Grand Tour - I gave up watching that.

I think it's going to take a while for the rough edges to round off, and hopefully one of those rough edges will be Rory Reid.
Barry
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Barry »

I enjoyed it, don't have a problem with Rory (I think he'll settle down a bit), and like the revamped studio look. The GT86 is a very good idea, although as ever, I'd much rather have a fraction of 'celebrity time', in fact I'd rather have none.

I think once they've all relaxed a bit it'll find it's new feet quite well. Feels like a genuinely fresh start, and so much more watchable sans-Evans.

8/10, and quite looking forward to seeing more.
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

Good point re: GT86 - I think its going to take some driving, and will spread the leader board out a bit!
I did think it was weird the stig wasn't involved at all last night, the "training" being done by chris harris..
Goodwood
DDK addict

Post by Goodwood »

I actually think its better without the Stig, for me that had run its course about 5 years ago, very tired concept. "Some say he is funny only to children, others that he never was funny, we know him as....". For me the best part of old and new TG's are the specials and the tasks, i tend to forward wind everything else.
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

I agree, the 'adventures' I found good to watch and liked the Car v A Cessna challenges.
Celebs and cars should be diluted, but it adds something for others in the family watching.

GT 86 is a great car to throw them in and if you need a greater gap between them just don't teach them, get them in at the deep end and give their best time as a result of 1/2 a day on the track practicing?
It will be interesting to see how it all develops by the last episode.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Barry

Post by Barry »

911hillclimber wrote:GT 86 is a great car to throw them in and if you need a greater gap between them just don't teach them, get them in at the deep end and give their best time as a result of 1/2 a day on the track practicing?
It will be interesting to see how it all develops by the last episode.
Yes, it'll develop into a lawsuit :lol: .
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

Barry wrote:I enjoyed it, don't have a problem with Rory (I think he'll settle down a bit), and like the revamped studio look. The GT86 is a very good idea, although as ever, I'd much rather have a fraction of 'celebrity time', in fact I'd rather have none.

I think once they've all relaxed a bit it'll find it's new feet quite well. Feels like a genuinely fresh start, and so much more watchable sans-Evans.

8/10, and quite looking forward to seeing more.
Agree with all of that.
02 986 Boxster
68 T Sporto (sold)
91 964 C2 Tip (sold)
Mr Pharmacist

Post by Mr Pharmacist »

I agree too. And it was better than most of the Grand Tour.
Stuart

1970 914 2056cc
1979 924 n/a - RIP
1986 924S
1969 912 Targa - sold
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

Should dump the yank- he's acting- the other two aren't.
Chris Harris even impressed my wife...........
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
sladey

Post by sladey »

She told you about that then? Thought it was a big secret
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
coomo
DDK forever

Post by coomo »

PhilipB wrote:New Top Gear doesn't work without the political incorrectness.

Mind you TGT doesn't work without the BBC being the butt of the joke.

I hope they settle their differences at some point and get back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just blokes who know how to bounce off each other, thats enough.They would have had more sucess, yanking three 40 something mates of ten years from the local.You cant create chemistry.However, the University educated dimwits who make choices as to what is broadcast, were probably all sodomised as kids, so have no idea how "blokes interact" Its embarassingly bad.I wanted to punch the bald one after two minutes, the noisy c***.
Barry

Post by Barry »

In fairness, it took the old trio several series to really gel, and they had no baggage or expectations.

There's a lot of weight on the shoulders of the new three. Just like the last bunch, it won't be to everyone's taste, nothing is. In terms of improvement from the last series though, not a bad reboot at all (IMO).
Sam

Post by Sam »

coomo wrote:However, the University educated dimwits who make choices as to what is broadcast, were probably all sodomised as kids, so have no idea how "blokes interact"
You should definitely call the BBC and explain this to them. They've probably not realised the direct cause of Top Gear being meh is child rape.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Mike

Post by Mike »

coomo wrote:University educated dimwits........were probably all sodomised as kids......I wanted to punch the bald one after two minutes, the noisy c***.
Good of you to post your insightful and thought provoking critique of the new Top Gear programme.
cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2