Post by Darren65 »

911MRP wrote: Vin 1020 apparantly
Do you doubt it Steve?
911MRP
DDK above all

Re: Lots of pics of a third series RS long ownship FS on eBa

Post by 911MRP »

Hi Darren,

Good point, not sure why I put "apparently" maybe because I haven't seen it in metal. Commend the owner/ seller placing a very detailed listing, hundreds of shots and other reference info. Seems knowledgable enthusiastic individual far beyond what is usually seen on supposedly prestigious auction houses, classic car dealers and Porsche main dealers who often get basic stuff on RS wrong or gloss over such details.

From a brief exchange with seller yesterday I found him very straightforward albeit on a small matter -- I'm not in market for a third series RS however.

Curious to see what $ it eventually bids up to having more than doubled already and still not hit reserve. I find it a very interesting auction listing indeed. Not sure how fees work on selling car in eBay auction but if bought in 1983 would have cost little as a ten year old classic. Latest bid $449,900 seems to have exceeded sellers reserve with 5 days still to go -- back in 1983 when it was imported a good 73 T coupe could be had herd for about £4000 and an RS was obviously a bit more. Wondering if selling fees might be a big number compared to owners 1983 purchase price. Profit to be had for the shrewd long term owner nevertheless.

Too many RS have had the default full nut and bolt restoration so while the car listed has had work and paint might this actually be a low owner example of an RS rather than one that's been to hell and back in race / rally with resulting debris removed with a tin opener and sweeping brush ... or one that avoided suffering the meatball surgery atrocities due to 80s fashion fads? Hope so.

By the way: Would be good to meet up sometime?

ATB

Steve