Not very Pork, but its a cute bike - 1971 BSA Bantam 175cc

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

roadiesean
DDK forever

Not very Pork, but its a cute bike - 1971 BSA Bantam 175cc

Post by roadiesean »

So, I've sold the red SC and now the Bantam needs to go as the big BMW GS has arrived. Anyone interested in cute old British bikes ?

Its a 1971 Bantam, restored last year with a rebuilt engine and its super sweet, but has never exactly lit my candle as I come from Ducatis and as hard as I tried, a 45 year old Brit two stroke ain't that, but its a beauty. Not over restored, the guy who did it kept it real, it has proper patina (not rusty, real true use marks) but it is shiny and new in all the right places. It rides really well, is quick enough about town, brakes are good and the gearbox works well. The kick start, well, I haven't managed to find the knack and that more than anything else is why I've not ridden it much, I'm not much of a kickstarter and get bored very easy, but my mate can start it first time every time, if you've had one apparently, you can do it with your eyes closed.....I just can't

Anyway, thats it, MOT till May, it'll sail through again, its done about 40 miles, it looks sensational lots of yummy chrome and shiny black paint and is super comfy for a little bike, I really like it and would keep it for my wife but her rheumatoid arthritis precludes her from kick starts and cable clutches.

I paid £2000 for it last October, anywhere near that and I'm listening, I want it gone asap as the Beemer is living outdoors which is a bore.