1979 911SC - LHD - Guards Red, Just restored

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

roadiesean
DDK forever

1979 911SC - LHD - Guards Red, Just restored

Post by roadiesean »

The time has come the walrus said, the car is finished, you are now broke and you must sell. A sad day. I'm looking for as near as possible to £35,000, from DDK'ers I will consider serious offers.

Heres the selling bit :-

1979 Porsche 911SC, in Guards Red and originally delivered to Glockler dealership in Frankfurt, it is the desirable non-sport version, without the rather "80's" whale tail.

The car has been subject to a significant restoration over the past two years with considerable expenditure, this has included (but not limited to) a full glass out respray, replacement sills, kidney bowls and B pillars to remove all rust, NOS replacement 1979 year only wings were found and fitted, installation of black leather 964 electric sports seats, complete replacement of all rubber seals and grommets from Porsche GB (over £2000 spent), new Boge suspension, whilst also replacing all bushings, BF Goodrich braided brake lines and new discs and pads, steering rack rebuild, complete overhaul of the CIS fuel injection system by Fenn Lane Motorsport (with invoices for this work alone totalling in excess of £5,000). Fenn Lane also carried out a full service and ensured that all aspects of the car were fully up to scratch, as a result of this, the car now drives beautifully and is a car that really sits well on the road, with true Porsche handling. It also has a full SSI stainless exhaust system which has a pleasant sound to it, without being intrusive.

I have owned the car for 2 years, but due to significant work being done on my 1967 912, as well as my wife request for a house extension, the car must now be sold. The previous owner had the car for over 12 years, during which time it was driven less than 1000 miles, the current mileage is 148,962, although the speedo is in KPH as reads 239,732Km.

Those of you who read about my cars in Total 911 and the Living The Legend articles I've written for the past few years, will know that this has not been an easy road to hoe, its been tough, I've had problems with guys doing work, but thanks to Chris and Jeff at Fenn Lane, the car is now as near perfect as it can be without spending another ton of money, its had all the important stuff done and the car really does now drive incredibly well, the gearbox is the best 915 gearbox I've driven and I have driven plenty, even when cold, gearshifts are not a problem and never crunch into any gear. There is considerable history with the car, including the original German owners manual, stamped as well as an English version and many, many bills over the years, including all the ones for the work that I have done, which totals near £15,000 in the past two years alone. I have also many photos of the strip down and body work, as well as the paint work, which absolutely glows, it is a stunning car, the quality of the paint is first class.

carrera79
DDK Fanatic

Re: 1979 911SC - LHD - Guards Red, Just restored

Post by carrera79 »

nice car,
but seats should be inverted left / right ?

fred ;)