Restoration Manual

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

markjames
DDK Newbie

Restoration Manual

Post by markjames »

Hi All,

I'm just about to begin putting my 1970 911T back together after 1 year of restoring all the original parts.

Beside the Haynes manual which is pretty useless, is there anything out there that I can purchase.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Mark
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Restoration Manual

Post by 911hillclimber »

In 1989 I used the Peter Morgan book, though there are some inaccuracies.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
cobb911
Married to the DDK

Post by cobb911 »

I was going to suggest a digital camera for taking photos when you took it apart. :lol:

There is the free option of downloading the Porsche parts catalogue from Porsche GB website - http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesan ... catalogue/
It should help with sub-assembly ensuring you have all the parts together for a particular part of the job.

There are also wiring diagrams available online (not on Porsche website).

If you search on DDK, you should also be able to find the recommended order high level order for reassembly. As I recall refitting everything to the tunnel is near the top if not top of the list. There are also a couple of excellent restoration threads that also would guide you on the order others have tackled.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Regards
Graeme
markjames
DDK Newbie

Post by markjames »

Ha.. Yes Digital camera was well in use but whenever I look at the snaps it never seems to be the right angle!

Thanks for the advice on the parts catalogue, free and 10 times more useful than the Haynes manual.

Thank's again..

Mark