1972 911E 2.4 RHD PROJECT - will p/x RHD 356 T-6 (B,C,SC)

Porsche and other Cars offered for sale by traders

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

acclassics
DDK Fanatic

1972 911E 2.4 RHD PROJECT - will p/x RHD 356 T-6 (B,C,SC)

Post by acclassics »

This RIGHT HAND DRIVE 1972 2.4 911E Coupe (9112200350) was manufactured in January 1972 to UK Specification and is presented in its original colour combo of Aubergine Paint with Black interior.

The 911E is in need of a FULL nut and bolt restoration, and is sold on such a basis. Its 2.4E MFI engine (#6220559) was rebuilt by Autofarm to 2.7 in the early 80’s, sadly at some stage in its history this engine was replaced with another 1972 2.4 Engine (#6521262), this time in UK T spec, which runs well with no smoke, good oil pressure, and only a few minor oil leaks.

I would happily consider a p/x of a RHD 356 project, preferably T-6 (C, SC or late B) as its one of those cars ive always wanted (ive personally had 7 x 911’s).

As I'm sure will be duly noted, there are some details such as the 73 and later oil tank, and etc. The 72 (one year only) oil tank was removed some 25 years ago, long before the time when everything was available at the click of a button. As part of a restoration, its details such as this, and others like interior, and etc that you can put right during the restoration.

The engine runs well, and its driveable but only for the purposes of moving it in and out of the workshop. It was last MOT’d back in 1989, and while you could take the approach to MOT it, realistically the car needs/deserves a full blown nut and bolt restoration as there is quite a bit of rust in the roof, parcel shelf, C pillars (both sides), rear left chassis leg, left front inner wing, and to a much lesser extent the sills and other areas. On a whole its more solid than not, but will certainly need a fair bit of restorative metal work. On the plus side, its straight, HPI clear, has service history and has had just 7 previous keepers (since reg in 81), with the person before me keeping it for some 25 years.

Price = £37,950

Of course I'll consider offers (or a 356 RHD project p/x), and moreso for a DDK'er i'll go the extra mile, as although i dont often contribute i do regularly follow the restoration threads.

In terms of actual restoration, if its not a DDK'er themselves, then I can only recommend the services of the trade DDK'ers who regularly contribute, there are too many to list, but for example Nick Moss, Pht9, Redrobin911, Darren65, Angus/camper co, and etc. My ideal work is short one jobs, like engine rebuilds, servicing, and kidney bowls, etc. I have a small workshop, and a full blown resto would take up most of it.

The 911 is available for viewing anytime from Monday to Friday at our workshop near Falmouth, Cornwall.

Air Cooled Classics
Unit 1C
46 Kernick Road
Penryn
Cornwall
TR10 9DQ

Tel : 07725 860116

===== MORE DETAILS & PHOTOS =====

9112200350 was first registered in Northern Ireland on registration HIA 8080, before coming to the mainland in 1982 where DVLA issued an X registration plate. I have both the Letter or Origin, and Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche, and DVLA have confirmed that once it is restored or MOT’d they can easily issue an age related registration plate (i.e K plate).

The rear wings, front and rear panels are currently NOT welded in place (you can see this in the photo of the engine area). These are currently just held in place by self tapping screws, while work on the areas around them takes place (i.e removable). The car has to some extent been loosely bolted together to give you an idea of what it would look like when finished. The front and rear lights do not have for example have lamp holders/housings or electrics fitted, this extends to trim, front wings and etc.

Photos can be found in this link, it was too wet to drive the car out on friday, but i will do so Monday and update the pictures.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/aircoo ... 911E%20RHD

This 911 is sold as an ongoing project on a spares or repairs basis, there is absolutely no guarantee or warranty what so ever, and while it’s a runner, and to some extent driveable, it will need quite a bit of work, no matter which way you wish to approach it.

There are a few parts missing, some I have, some I do not. What I don’t have is easily available either from Porsche themselves, or another DDK, both trade and private.
Current : '71 911T | '68 912 | '76 911
Previous : '64 356SC | '78 911 SC | '79 911 SC | '73 911T | '66 912 | '72 911E | '83 911SC |
'84 911 3.2 | '77 911S | '76 911 C3