Junior three point hitch...drawbar position?

A dedicated area for Porsche Tractor Chat

Moderator: hot66

Bernese
DDK Seasoned Poster

Junior three point hitch...drawbar position?

Post by Bernese »

Does anyone have a three point hitch on there Junior or indeed can explain how it should operate as I have a few questions (for example)....

This is how mine sits when the junior is not running....

Once the engine is started and as the pump is constant the drawbar/hydraulics automatically raises to this position...

Once my journey is complete and engine switched off it automatically returns to the first pic position. Is this correct or not and if you have the same set up looking at the pics do you have any addition items on your hitch that I obviously don't...?

Once running I can adjust the drawbar height easily without any problems.

Des
Bernese
DDK Seasoned Poster

Re: Junior three point hitch...drawbar position?

Post by Bernese »

Recent feedback from a guy in Germany says that first operation is normal and as long as It holds in place under load (different positions) all is well..

This is my second Junior this time I brought it in from Germany. Some work was done all to a good/high standard and I've finished the rest. The basics are done engine rebuild, clutch, bearings and paintwork etc. it's road legal now so been out and about a fair bit the attention the little old 9/10mph tractor gets is unbelievable and looking forward to a few shows next year.

nrc914
DDK slapper chatter

Post by nrc914 »

That looks fantastic Des - great work!

Regards
Nathan

1975 914/4 1.8 (Needing Resto!)
2008 Cayenne GTS
1993 993 Carrera 2
1967 VW Beetle 1300 (In loads of pieces!)
Mike Smith
DDK rules my life!

Post by Mike Smith »

The Raising and lowering of the 3-Point lingkage is carried out by a Piston in a Cylinder located at the Top/Rear of the transmission

If you are in the UP position then the piston is under load, therefore it makes sense to always leave it in the down (resting) position

I think that I am correct in saying that, the theory, design and angles of tractor 3-point lingages was carried out by Harry Ferguson

That is a VERY NICE restoration
Mike at P.R.S.
www.prs356.com
Bernese
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Bernese »

Thanks, I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out although to be fair as I said my German friend had completed some quality work in the first place, I reworked some (fussy sod) and finished the rest although I'm always finding things to do.... Unlike my cars there's a total lack of paperwork :wink: