356 Speedster replica, choice of outlaw or traditional.

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

Pete Nice
DDK Newbie

356 Speedster replica, choice of outlaw or traditional.

Post by Pete Nice »

For Sale: Porsche 356 Speedster replica.

A choice of styles. Outlaw or traditional.

I built this Speedster Clinic 356 replica myself from the ground up.

I built it to sell to see if could be a viable business, as I fix Aircooled VW's for a living.

As it turns out, they take longer to build than a first thought, so this might be the only one I do. I finished it towards the end of last year, so didn’t get used in the bad weather. It has only done just over 500 miles as I don't get time to use it.

It was a bold move to paint it brown, but it looks amazing in all different lights, it really needs to be seen in the flesh.
It’s never been in the rain once which wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, but is always garaged.
It has a pair of side screens if you do get caught in the rain, I only had one in & didn't get wet.

Based on a 1972 tax exempt convertible chassis, this 3 year build is ready to go.

It now runs a very cool registration plate to go with the car too.
(The convertible base vehicle was imported in 1986, so any DVLA checks will show this date of registration. It is a 1972 chassis & is tax exempt. I have the V5 in my name).

This car is built using kit which was new & fresh from the mold.
The chassis is a Speedster Clinic. One of their super stiff versions and is bonded to the body. There is no scuttle shake or twist in the body at all.
See http://www.speedsterclinic.com for more details on the kits. There are some lovely cars being built using their kits.

Engine is a good Dutch VEGE 1600 which I did a top end rebuild on before it was fitted. It runs really nice, no endfloat & powder coated tinware.
I have fitted a pair of Dellorto FRD carburettors for better running & performance.
It has the better handling IRS rear suspension and 1300 gearbox.
Alternator is fitted for better electrics. (It has halogen headlights too)

Wide five drum brakes are all rebuilt with new parts & stop this light weight car very well.
It runs a 2” narrowed adjustable ball joint Beetle front axle. It rides very nicely & isn’t choppy or harsh.
Brand new BRM style wheels & brand new 165 & 145x15 tyres.
The steel wheels run 185/65 & 145x15 tyres.

Body was professionally painted in a solid UPS brown using high quality Lechler paints. It changes shade depending on what the light is doing. Sometimes it looks a lush chocolate colour, right through to almost black. It looks stunning & gets lots of attention.
It really suits the style of the car, as I set out to build something a bit different.
I have recently fitted the correct rear lights.

Interior has a pair of the reproduction speedster seats on sliding runners.
I had them trimmed in black Brooklands leather along with the door cards & dash.
The rear panels are faux leather and are a perfect match. You still get that lovely leather feel & smell to the car.
Autometer gauges are a break from the norm & help with the whole theme.
New 3 point seat belts, quick shift gear lever & wood rim wheel finish off the outlaw theme.

I have a lot of hours in this car let alone the hard cash it cost in parts.
I set out to build a good usable car, something a little different to anyone else is building.
I have left the body blank on purpose, so you could add racing or outlaw stripes very easily. You could make this car your own in a weekend. The realistic price takes into account the lack of trim. This a new build for old money.

I used the car for my wedding recently which I never thought I would ever get to do. It drew massive attention from everyone.
It drove the 75 mile trip each way with no problems.

I have recently bought a brand new pair of bumpers & a set of slotted wheels.

It can be sold in either style, I will put it to the way you want prior to selling.
It's very quick to do & leaves very little trace of bumper mounts.
I will order new number plates to suit the bumpers too.

It hasn’t been to any shows or really been anywhere to be seen.

I have just run through a few checks on the car, reset the valve clearances, set the tracking. It now drives lovely.
I fix Aircooled VW's for a living & have owned & been working on them for the last 20 years. See http://www.aircooledtechnic.co.uk to see what I do, or the Aircooled Technic Facebook page.

£19,000. ovno

Located in Aldershot, Hants.
Call 07970 540757 for more details.