Changing brushes on bosch generator

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

leewiffen
DDK above all

Changing brushes on bosch generator

Post by leewiffen »

My 69 912 has an incorrect Bosch generator installed 0101 302 111 which appears to be for a VW. The red light is staying on so I checked the brushes and the one that is on the top was not fitting properly and appears the incorrect size but is easily accessible, however the bottom looks far more difficult to get to and has no tensioning spring. What's the best way to get to the bottom brush? It looks as if that I can remove the four bolts on the generator support, remove that as well as the oil filler can I could get to the bottom brush. Are there any pitfalls or don't do's going this route? Really I should install the right generator, but correct me if I'm wrong but that appears that I have to remove one of the carbs to get to the rear 32mm nut before I can get the genny out
Mike Smith
DDK rules my life!

Re: Changing brushes on bosch generator

Post by Mike Smith »

The Dynamo will come out with the Fan on

If you are just changing brushes you do not need to touch the Nut on the Fan end (it is 36 mm not 32)
Mike at P.R.S.
www.prs356.com
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Lee there is an article on how to remove the generator on the 356 registry. Takes about 20 mins
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
leewiffen
DDK above all

Post by leewiffen »

Thanks fellas....got the 356 registry article Neil , not as daunting as I first thought and thanks Mike for the tips
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Nine One One »