Good UK source for fiber glass bumpers?

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Good UK source for fiber glass bumpers?

Post by neilbardsley »

I managed to take the bumper off my 56 A last night reversing out of the garage but it's actually fiber glass. Looks like the cost of getting it fixed isn't cheap. Is there a good source for a replacements?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53609
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Burma-Shave
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Good UK source for fiber glass bumpers?

Post by Burma-Shave »

I looked into this Neil as I quite fancy putting some bumpers on my 356. I couldn't find any UK suppliers, but I spoke to Club Auto sport who made the fibreglass decklid for my 911SC.

They said they would consider making fibreglass 356 bumpers, If there was a bit of demand, but they would also need originals to take moulds from.

This is as close as I got, and of course I realise bumpers are different between As and Cs.
1990 964 C4, 1999 Boxster 2.5
And..'89 BMW E30 325i Touring. '83 Mercedes 280E. '84 Citroen 2CV. '16 BMW i3 REx. '03 BMW R1100S. '99 Yamaha R1. '79 BMW R100 scrambler.

Member#0336
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Burma-Shave wrote:I looked into this Neil as I quite fancy putting some bumpers on my 356. I couldn't find any UK suppliers, but I spoke to Club Auto sport who made the fibreglass decklid for my 911SC.

They said they would consider making fibreglass 356 bumpers, If there was a bit of demand, but they would also need originals to take moulds from.

This is as close as I got, and of course I realise bumpers are different between As and Cs.
I'm trying Martin and Walker at the moment. He is ask if it's for the front or the back so maybe there is hope.
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
DDK addict

Post by 356 »

We stock 356 Fibreglass bumpers
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

Neil,
I'd fix what you have. Who ever you go with you'll end up having to modify it to fit as they all vary in shape and fittings. At least you know your fits as it should.

You can buy a Fibreglass repair kit online or from a local Halfords for about £20. Search the Youthbe etc to see how its done. Easy fix really. Have faith. ;-)
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
DDK addict

Post by 356 »

The price of a bumper is £80.00