Kop Hill Climb, nr Princes Risborough

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

JB-L
DDK forever

Kop Hill Climb, nr Princes Risborough

Post by JB-L »

Has anyone been to this event in recent years? I happened to see a poster today for the 2014 event this weekend coming (20/21 September).

http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk/
I love the smell of burnt rubber and hydrocarbons in the morning, it smells of......victory.
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Re: Kop Hill Climb, nr Princes Risborough

Post by Hugo 356 »

I ran my 356 up the hill a couple of years ago.

The hill is best suited to power rather than handling but has an interesting history, particularly pre-war so you see some great pre-war cars and bikes. I think you need to register in advance so you may be too late to run the hill, though the hill is a public road so you can drive it whenever you want, albeit with oncoming traffic the rest of the year.

Otherwise if you can imagine a local Goodwood festival of speed in miniature (they even had a Spitfire do a brief display the year I was there). The local chapter of PCGB had a stand and were welcoming.

Hugo
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

Its a really nice event - I have been twice and would echo the "mini goodwood" thoughts above. Some lovely cars and a very low key feel about it. Spectating on the hill isnt easy as there are high hedges. They have a few raised trailers but they fill up quick. They had all the Ecurie Ecosse cars there last time I went before they went up for auction.
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
Northy
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Northy »

I went to Kop Hill Climb today. A cracking little event. Some lovely cars, particularly the pre-war stuff. Also some nice new stuff. Mclaren P1, Jay Kay in his La Ferrari and his mate in a Carrera GT. The P1 is a spectacular looking thing but didn't sound as good as the CGT.

Anyone know this chap:

yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Don't know him but have seen the car around Chiswick. Looks and sounds lovely.
The force is strong in this one ......