Other vehicles

The place to post images of your other cars.

Moderator: Bootsy

Ayli Carper
DDK addict

Other vehicles

Post by Ayli Carper »

I bought a Clio Williams as Winter Banger whilst the Porsche was being repainted ... two and a half years ago.

(If the truth be told, my back was hurting at the time and Googling 'most comfortable car seat' kept returning Clio Williams as a result.)

It's a fantastic car - fast but very comfortable, small and easy to park, fairly economical (32-35mpg), and rather exclusive (only fifty or so phase 1 cars left in UK). It's not much to insure either.

And then I *needed* a small van and found an even more exclusive vehicle - 797cc of pure power RWD Suzuki ST90V. There are only ten of these left including SORNs.

And I found James Hunt's last interview where he extols the virtues of his A35 van. It's impossible to drive it without a great big smile on your face.

Dave Lane
DDK addict

Re: Other vehicles

Post by Dave Lane »

Got to say Ayli, 100% agree with you about the little Suzuki. we have one we leave in India and drive it all the time out there
amazing little minibuses easy parking and driving in India is ideal .out there on there called Suzuki Maruti Omnis, myself and a couple mates have one each of them all ex taxis and and use them for 5 months of the year. there so good we started the Omni club of Goa :lol: Image
Dave
DDK Member [732]
LHD 62 356B T6 S90

LHD 60 15window Delux [sold]
LHD 62 splitscreen Crewcab [sold]
Ayli Carper
DDK addict

Post by Ayli Carper »

Thanks Dave

That trio would represent a third of the UK population!

You feel there's nothing on it you couldn't fix with a hammer.

I don't particularly fancy my back's chances if I drove the old girl out to Goa though.
Rosh
DDK addict

Post by Rosh »

Great to see my old 'E' DYR 911J in such good nick! :-)

Pm'd you Ayli.

Rosh
1969 911T Coupe
1980 911SC Coupe
1979 308GTS
Ayli Carper
DDK addict

Post by Ayli Carper »

Thanks Rosh Pm'd you back.