Goodwood Charity Trackday - July 19th

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

jrampton
DDK above all

Goodwood Charity Trackday - July 19th

Post by jrampton »

Below is all the information taken directly from the website, i was the official photographer at the event last year and it was really good so well worth it even if you don't fancy going on track and all in aid of a good cause the Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice, i've been shown around this hospice and have to say what they do there is just amazing !

The Event will be run by Goodwood Motor Circuit with their team of marshals and a senior instructor available as part of the package.

Limited to just 28 cars, tickets will cost £320 for an All Day slot, or £180 for a Morning or Afternoon slot.

The cost of your track day ticket covers the hire of the Goodwood Circuit, and includes a (roughly £40) donation to the charity. Tickets to be paid for in advance with closing date of Friday 20 June 2014.

In the unlikely event you need to cancel, we will do our best to resell the ticket but unfortunately will not be able to refund the donation portion.

The day is divided into sessions of 20 minutes (max 7 cars on the track at any one time) - this is not an open-pit track day due to noise restrictions.
In practical terms, with max of 7 cars on track at any time on this historic circuit, it is ideal for both beginners and experienced circuit drivers. The circuit is large, visibility is excellent at Goodwood and there are clear passing opportunities on the straights that are spelled-out at the driver’s briefing. You will spend most of your time enjoying and learning, rather than constantly having to worry about and then adjusting for other traffic.

TIMES
Gates: open at 7.30
Noise Testing and Signing-In: 7.45 - 8.15 with 105dB limit
Briefing: 8.20 (lasts approx 15 – 20mins)
Morning Session: 9.00 – 12.30
Lunch: 12.30 – 13.30
Afternoon Session: 13.30 - 17.00

SIGNING-IN - drivers will need to sign in and complete disclaimer at the Jackie Stewart Suite - this is our base for the day. Drivers PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR DRIVING LICENCE.

SESSIONS - we run 20min sessions for 'noise planning' reasons. Goodwood will allow between 5 and 7 cars on the track at a time. This is a fluid situation depending on how noisy or quiet we are on the day.

SIGHTING LAP - the first session will be devoted to sighting laps

INSTRUCTOR - one instructor available on the day

POINT OF CONTACT - Goodwood provide a chief instructor for the day

HELMETS - Goodwood have agreed to provide helmets free of charge for drivers and passengers

CLOTHING - drivers and passengers; arms and legs must be covered. Fact - don't risk it !!

PASSENGER LAPS - passengers (if minors must be over 14 years old and at least 1.5m high) will go out for a few laps as pre-agreed with the driver and will be asked to make a donation to the charity. Passengers will need to sign a Disclaimer at the Jackie Stewart Suite.

REFRESHMENT - tea and coffee will be available from vending machines in the Jackie Stewart Suite and the Aero Club Canteen is open from 9.30. They will also open the NAAFI wagon – hot dogs etc.

INSURANCE - all cars taken on the track are done so at owner’s risk. Goodwood falls within the AMRCO scope so please check with your insurers.

VIDEOS ETC - cameras must be fixed to professional mounts

FUEL - no fuel on site and the nearest garages are:
RON 97 1.5 miles away at Sainsbury's Petrol Station, Westhampnett Rd, Chichester PO19 7YR
RON 99 3.6 miles away at Tesco's Petrol Station, Fishbourne Road East, Chichester PO19 3JT

http://www.club-carrera.co.uk/
markm
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Goodwood Charity Trackday - July 19th

Post by markm »

Ooh, I'm going to this, see you there
72 2.4s
96 993 RS
Series 1 DDK membership card
jrampton
DDK above all

Post by jrampton »

I've been helping with some of the organisation and creating helping setup club carrera up.

Looking forward to it now :)
jrampton
DDK above all

Post by jrampton »

Clean and Shiny who are doing the Show and Shine will have a gazebo in the middle paddock,they will have some quality cleaning kit and micro fiber drying towels and other goodies on display and able to purchase on the day

For those taking part in the Show and Shine ,Andrew OC and I have a way of identifying you car as a show and shine car on the day

Bylfeet Porsche will also have staff and 2 Porsche Cars on display in the same area with a collection bucket and raffle tickets for the Silverstone Porsche Experience 1/2 day prize

Parr Motorsport staff and display will be in the First Paddock looking after the trackday cars ,they to will be holding a raffle for a new outdoor Porsche cover

Dig deep people
pvmr
DDK addict

Post by pvmr »

I will be there, great Charity, worth supporting if you can

Victor

SWB 911S 1966
Nearly finished on the road, 911S 1966

From West Sussex
squirdan
DDK rules my life!

Post by squirdan »

A lovely car Victor

I was there for the afternoon session. Cracking weather and was thankful for the gt3 aircon having driven my 72 down this morning

These are properly rare:

Megane R26R
Discovery Sport
Defender 110
BMW R9T
Trek Superfly
but sadly no Porsches any more
jrampton
DDK above all

Post by jrampton »

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting up photos. Today i went down the the Chestnut Tree House to meet with a little boy called Jude. Jude is 4 and when his nurse asked him if he had a good birthday he said that he did but that no one bought him a Lamborghini. So today a good friend of mine met me down there with his orange Gallardo :)

This is Jude :

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/health ... -1-6175393

Chestnut Tree House care for children like Jude and today i met his nurse who looks after him both at home and at the Hospice. I got to see the amazing work that they do whilst being able to put a smile on a little boys face at the same time !

I had a very late night last night, 1280 images needed editing from the track, i haven't edited those from the parade lap yet but i'm sure i did get every car from that as you all came through the Chicane.

If you would like to buy the digital images please get in touch and for a donation to the Just Giving page i will send them across.

Pm me or email me john@vroomphoto.co.uk and i will get them sorted.

Here is a small selection :

ImageIMG_3561 by John Rampton, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3016 by John Rampton, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2804 by John Rampton, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3033 by John Rampton, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3126 by John Rampton, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3181 by John Rampton, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3750 by John Rampton, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3872 by John Rampton, on Flickr

Here are the rest:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampt ... 370414157/
pvmr
DDK addict

Post by pvmr »

Thanks for the complement Dan,

Air conditioning !!! You lucky b.....d, I had the windows down, not even a fan!

Great event looking forward to seeing more photos, and the total for Chestnut.

Nice people Great cars!!

Victor
Nearly finished on the road, 911S 1966

From West Sussex
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Great pics John and what a great birthday present for Jude - lovely.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
BenC
DDK Newbie

Post by BenC »

Will there be another Club Carrera track day at Goodwood?
Looked great and would loved to have got involved and supported the charity if I'd spotted it sooner.
How can you join CC to spot future events?
:)
jrampton
DDK above all

Post by jrampton »

At the moment we only have the Facebook group at the moment:

www.facebook.com/clubcarrerauk

We pre-booked next years event which will be October but just waiting for PARR to come back with a final date.

Parade lap photos are now also available on my flickr account.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampt ... 446132640/