My gone and not forgoten

The place to post images of your other cars.

Moderator: Bootsy

Dave Lane
DDK addict

My gone and not forgoten

Post by Dave Lane »

Hi everyone ,After being into VW buses for 20 years think its only fair to remember the good times I have had with the three buses I owned in that time and enjoyed the 20,000 odd of miles travelling through out Europe. great memories.
Starting with a 1969 Bay window being my first classic vw.

5 Years Later managed to save enough to buy my first split window , 1962 split window Crewcab

found in California again and needing some love and attention and after 2 years put my mark on in.

Another 4 happy years go by and I im ready for another splitty this time a 1960 15 window Delux hard top samba
Early 15s are Hard to find in the UK but heard of one being shipped over from California needing some work
and managed to sell my crew cab very fast and was first to view the bus as it arrived from the docks with the owner.
Essentially the floor pans and body were rust free and the wheel wells were all cut,and was missing all the interior fittings and rear seats although glass was all there so a free hand to fit it out with a camping interior to how I wanted it. getting it all up together in a 2 years including a full respray Thanks for looking.
Defiantly the best bus I have owned. and the most travelled in Europe. The Crewcab and the 15window both have had full centre
page magazine features which will always be proud of.
So Gone but not forgotten I can say the money made from the VWs got me onto the Porsche ladder,thanks VWs
Dave
DDK Member [732]
LHD 62 356B T6 S90

LHD 60 15window Delux [sold]
LHD 62 splitscreen Crewcab [sold]
hot66

Re: My gone and not forgoten

Post by hot66 »

Nice busses.

Recognise the crewy from when I was still into the vdub stuff. Always dreamed of either a crewy or a samba. Made do with a 62 cantebury pitt
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Dave Lane
DDK addict

Re: My gone and not forgoten

Post by Dave Lane »

Thanks James, yea sounds like we were in the VW scene around the same time. Happy days though 8)
Dave
DDK Member [732]
LHD 62 356B T6 S90

LHD 60 15window Delux [sold]
LHD 62 splitscreen Crewcab [sold]