Any 1973 911 RS owners around?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Mike
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Any 1973 911 RS owners around?

Post by Mike »

Fantastic stuff, well done Nigel top man, and looking forward to the film!
cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Very nice story. I think one of the pleasures of owning a fun car is being able to put a smile on people's face. Brightens up their day and makes yours.

Good work.
The force is strong in this one ......
mrg3.6
DDK rules my life!

Post by mrg3.6 »

Wonderful thread 8)

Martin
Singapore
59 356A
83 911SC 3.6
squirdan
DDK rules my life!

Post by squirdan »

Excellent Nigel, what a lovely thing to take the time to do
Megane R26R
Discovery Sport
Defender 110
BMW R9T
Trek Superfly
but sadly no Porsches any more
Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Timo »

Fantastic thread, and what an amazing gesture - well done Nigel!

Absolutely love that rst in glacier too, what a lovely looking car.
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan
Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mitch »

Thanks for kind words boys but all I've done is take another car guy for a blast... always good to take the car out and we both enjoyed it, a lot :)

The real credit is due to James for thinking of the idea for his Dad and posting. And to Rob for re-posting on DDK, where so many people would've been all too happy to help.

Now I just need to get those lads to finish editing the little film....
LondonRob
DDK Newbie

Post by LondonRob »

:thumbup:

I've been eagerly keeping an eye on the thread and I'm really pleased to hear the day went well. I know that it won't do any good for my lust for an early 911 but I'm really looking forward to seeing the film when it's finished.
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

Great stuff, Nige! 8)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

Top class. Looking forward to seeing the video.
DDK#694
fryardds
DDK above all

Post by fryardds »

Excellent! Thanks Nigel for the follow up on this story. The old photos are fantastic and I'm sure the video will be even better.:)
Brian

'71 S Coupe 'Patrick'
'73 Carrera RS
rallyejames
DDK Newbie

Post by rallyejames »

Well what can I say than what a fantastic day we had thanks to Nigel and his beautiful rs.
Nigel turned up on Saturday at midday in what I can only describe as one of the most beautiful 73 rs' s I have seen, closely followed by his son on a ducati.
With cameras at the ready and a go pro fitted to the bike it was going to be a trip of a lifetime for father after all these years.
After a coffee and a look at some old photos and original press brochures fathers had from his rs days it was time for a ride....It was so lovely to see father sit in a car that I can only imagine he had been dreaming of for a long time. Thank you Nigel, Harry and Jackson .... very much!
To be continued..... By my mother - Renate / Lawrence's wife
I'm trying to add a few words from Lawrence, who had such a happy day thanks to Nigel and the RS, with
great support from Harry and Jackson! Many heartfelt ""Thank yous" to everyone for responding to James's initial
request - and then to realize that someone with a Porsche RS lives in the same town!! For me, it was good to see the two enthusiasts exchanging notes, looking at photos and old brochures and documentations. We look forward to the film - will we hear what they are talking about driving along? Porsche RST's perhaps????
Thank you very much to everyone including our son James, for writing on the Forum, and Harry and Jackson for
photos and filming, and Nigel for his kindness and enthusiasm and the STAR of the DAY , the Porsche RS!!

Renate and Lawrence
Last edited by rallyejames on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rallyejames
DDK Newbie

Post by rallyejames »

After about an hour Nigel returned with a very happy passenger.
I will try and post some pictures of the day as soon as I can.we were so lucky with the weather and all I can say is a massive thank you to Nigel (mitch). A true gentleman. Thank you from my father Lawrence and myself.
gojackflash
DDK Fanatic

Post by gojackflash »

What a lovely thread - well done all involved

There is an RS I see quite regularly parked on the London Road in bath.. Does that belong to anyone on here?
Sign up to http://www.motoriety.co.uk - to manage & store everything to do with your Porsche in one secure, online space. (PM me for details)
Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mitch »

Mike wrote:looking forward to the film!
LondonRob wrote:I'm really looking forward to seeing the film when it's finished.
So it's been a while... but the short film is done!

Harry & Jackson came along to take a few shots from a handheld camera on the back of a warp speed Ducati, just so Lawrence had a record of his drive-out. Afterwards, I asked for a full movie to the same pro-standard that we're used to seeing all over the shop. The boys gave me a short lesson on what that takes... planning, rigs and all sorts of stuff they didn't expect to do or need on the day!

But despite all that, in his limited spare time Jackson has managed to bring together a nice film as a small gift to Lawrence and his family.

After a chat with Bootsy we agreed it would be cool if we could raise a few quid for the Alzheimer's Society which does so much to help fight dementia. A couple of weeks ago, it was National Dementia Awareness Week and if like me, that passed you by unnoticed then it says something about how much work is needed to raise awareness and support people and their families.

Here's a 30 sec trailer for the film and if we can raise £100, I'll release the full 2 minute epic into the wild!

https://vimeo.com/97000039

OK so it's not "Rush" but if you'd like to see the full film then please consider chipping in a few pounds on the DDK Helps Fight Dementia Just Giving page. I figured we only need 20 people to stump up £5 each to hit £100 and we'd have done something good to round off this story.

https://www.justgiving.com/DDKHelpsFightDementia

I've really enjoyed meeting another Porsche enthusiast and hearing about so many interesting cars, so thought it would be great to do something small to help fight dementia.

Thanks for watching!
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Donation made. I look forward to seeing the full film.

One of my favourite stories on DDK
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk