It's a Volvo Jim, but not as we know it.

The place to post images of your other cars.

Moderator: Bootsy

904GTS
Married to the DDK

It's a Volvo Jim, but not as we know it.

Post by 904GTS »

Following the demise of the gearbox in my trusty VW Transporter I needed a cheap tow car/junk hauler and started looking for an economical diesel Audi/VW/Volvo estate but temptation and the boy racer in me got in the way and I couldn't resist this :-

No not my Smart daily driver, but a 250hp, 20 valve all alloy turbocharged Volvo 850R, 3 mode auto , climate control, full leather/alcantara heated seats front and rear, airbags everywhere and 0-60 in 7.2 seconds, but don't mention the fuel consumption :shock:, it would be difficult to get more fun for a grand.
www.904GTS.com
www.technic-motorsport.com

Factory built Safari 2.7 RS
Too many projects not enough time !
myatt1972
DDK rules my life!

Re: It's a Volvo Jim, but not as we know it.

Post by myatt1972 »

Great cars, practical, safe and yobbo all in one box.
I wouldnt be without mine :)
Keith...

73 911e sporto
73 914 2.0l
86 928s S2
85 Mazda Rx7 (TWR)
85 Mazda Rx7
The Bonser fork truck
Volvo V40 T4 (200bhp workhorse)
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jamie »

I had an 850 TDI auto which ran a 5cyl 2.5 Audi engine. The Audi / diesel / Volvo spec was so rare that it wasn't listed in the drop-down menus on the usual websites like confused dot com etc.

It was an absolute beast of a car. Slammed it on Konis, painted it flat grey with a roller, and ran it everywhere, including down to Nantes and back, on sunflower oil.

I eventually drove it through a flood, killed it, and used it, through the scrappage scheme, to get £2k off my girlfriend's Toyota.

Volvo make nice cars now, but back in the 90s they were at full boost. That R is an absolute pinnacle of their awesomeness. The only thing that I was't sure about with mine was the monumental scuttle shake - the front would tramp and slam all over the place when you bowled it into a corner. If you parked it with a wheel off the ground, as I sometimes did, the boot wouldn't open. All said, however, nothing ever fell off, ever.

Enjoy, and remember to channel your inner Rickard Rydell / Jan Lammers at every mini roundabout.

'68 912
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

jamie wrote:That R is an absolute pinnacle of their awesomeness
And engineered by 5 blokes in a shed just outside Oxford :)