Multi-car Insurance? (for classic 911's)

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Ferry Man
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Multi-car Insurance? (for classic 911's)

Post by Ferry Man »

I've got nearly three 911's and yes, I count myself very lucky.
But I've worked hard to buy them and so it's wise to insure them.

So, a question.
Does anyone know an insurer that might cover all three cars on one policy?
I currently use Mannings (very good, delighted with their service) and whilst they do claim to offer a 'fleet' policy they concede that it won't cover any 911's and for classic Porsche's with agreed values my best option is three separate policies.

Now, if that's the case I'll have to do it but I wondered if anyone here has successfully batched several cars onto one scheme.
I'm not even looking to save money, rather just tidy things up and thin down the paperwork. One renewal, one payment, etc.
Any ideas?

PS. Sorry to start an insurance thread, I apologise if it gets boring, I understand everyone has their favourites, I'm expecting many different opinions.
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
964RS

Re: Multi-car Insurance? (for classic 911's)

Post by 964RS »

No brainer RH
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

DaveW
DDK slapper chatter

Post by DaveW »

I am currently using Footman James and their multi-car policy works well for me. I also have three classic cars on it, two with agreed value and due to my daily driver I needed business cover which they applied to the whole policy too. So flexibility is great. However I too am considering RH this year now that my renewal has arrived. The downside to managing a fleet on one policy is that FJ (Aon) charge you £25 every time you want to make a change to it. I can't fault the cover and general service I have had but am tired of the extra charges. I don't believe RH apply the same levies, though it is something I intend to check out.
Dave Watson

'75 914 1.8 FI
'86 911 Turbo SE
'79 928 Series 1 Manual
'92 928 S4 Auto (daily driver)
Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Post by Mick Cliff »

When I was the lucky owner of 3 911's Hagerty's covered them all with agreed values under one policy

And they understood that I could only drive one at a time

HTH
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

I used Hagerty for multi car and they were very good in all respects - great service, good agreed value cover and well priced.
The force is strong in this one ......
markm
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by markm »

Pace Ward do a good multi car insurance policy, its underwritten by Chaucer. The only problem is that when I came to put the 993RS on the existing multi policy we had, it was actually cheaper to put it on its own with Mannings, so for 3 classics cars with agreed value, you can try them but I am not sure if they would beat Mannings on a individual basis.
72 2.4s
96 993 RS
Series 1 DDK membership card
early2.2S
DDK addict

Post by early2.2S »

I have 3 classics with Haggerty and can't fault them. When i moved my little MG Midget Mk1 from the multi-car policy with Aon the premium dropped from £135 to just £36!! - and that's with agreed value!
Needless to say - very happy with Haggerty!
Regs
Stuart
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

I have just moved my trade policy to Classic Insurance Services, but they also do private multi-car and classic policies. No track days I'm afraid but who does these days? Contact Roger Clark on 07720 967 669 and please mention my name.
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

I have the Pace-Ward/Chaucer family fleet policy and overall it's great. There are a few downsides...

I found it cheaper to insure the 993 I had with Henderson Taylor (is that the right name) rather than add it to the fleet policy.

And the big one I think is when you want out. You have 5 family cars all on one policy which doesn't attract NCD. So if you want to go back to seperate policies (for whatever reason) they'd all start together and you have no NCD to use - eeeek. So the realistic options are to leave it as is or shop around for other multi-car policies.

As I said, it works pretty well and great to be able to add/remove cars really easily. As the kids leave and get their own policies (2 down, 1 to go) the number of cars is reducing and will be 2 normal drivers (mine and 'ers) plus classics. There will be other options that open up.

Graham
911-356 dave
DDK slapper chatter

Post by 911-356 dave »

Hi Paul.
I have all my cars on one policy with Hagerty, they ask for 7 pictures for each car for guaranteed valuation. Very good people to deal with and you can chop and change cars without a big premium.
Cheers Dave
1958 356A CAB RHD
1959 356A RHD
1960 356B RHD SOLD
1961 356B LHD
1965 912 RHD
1966 912 RHD
1967 911 RHD SOLD
Ferry Man

Post by Ferry Man »

Thanks for all the help guys, Hagerty sound a good place to start. I'll try them. :)
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
squirdan
DDK rules my life!

Post by squirdan »

+1 hagerty

And they understand reps hot rods etc so won't have an issue if you want 90k agreed Valle on the Turkmenistan :)
Megane R26R
Discovery Sport
Defender 110
BMW R9T
Trek Superfly
but sadly no Porsches any more
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

Hagerty has worked well for me and they've allowed me to increase agreed values as restorations have progressed with only a modest premium increase........no charge for additional drivers too. :)