Dunwich Dynamo bike ride?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

Just on the off chance; any pedalling DDKers planning to bask under the starry skies of the Dunwich Dynamo on the 20th July?

I've been let down by the two blokes I was doing it with and don't want to miss it, but it's loads more fun with folk to chat to.

If you've never done it, you really should. 120 gentle miles out of London through the night with 1500 other riders arriving at the seaside at sunrise, quick nap on the beach and some breakfast beers then if you're feeling strong ride back or if not take the coach they lay on.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Dunwich Dynamo bike ride?

Post by jamie »

Someone told me about this the other day and I have to say, I liked the sound of it (marginally idiotic).

I'm not a cyclist though, and... 120 miles...
'68 912
stevenery
DDK Fanatic

Post by stevenery »

I completed this a few years ago! The distance can be a bit off putting but so long as the rain holds off you'll really enjoy it.

There are lots of hard core roadies but also a great mix of other people just along for the ride... you end up just going at your own pace tagging onto different groups as you go. Really nice come sun rise to have people around you to offer words of encouragement and talk of a decent fry-up!

This is a great story for anyone who thinks their bike won't be up to it...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/b ... boris-bike
Tosh

Post by Tosh »

It's been on my "to do" list for years but never actually get off my arse and ride it

This year we are in French France on the 20th...
02 986 Boxster
68 T Sporto (sold)
91 964 C2 Tip (sold)
Sam

Post by Sam »

So long as you have a moderate level of fitness, a bike and pockets for snickers bars you'll get there.

Those that get tired often have a snooze at the roadside before carrying on.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

I might be up for this. Let me check the calender and boss. Some friends did it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. The aren't fat but I wouldn't call them racing fit so agreed I don't think you need to be Sir Wiggo to finish this one.
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
jamie

Post by jamie »

I've read enough to get me excited. Provided I'm around on the 20th and its not raining, I will head into London and do this.
'68 912
Sam

Post by Sam »

Good good, you won't regret it.

I'll be coming down on the train then riding home to Cambridge afterwards.

I'll send you my phone no. so we can arrange you being my lead out man for the sprint finish.

Roll up folks, let's get a DDK team going. :)
jamie

Post by jamie »

Nice. Ta!

There will be no sprint finish - 100% certain.
'68 912
Sam

Post by Sam »

Nor for me really.

Beer in one water bottle, coffee in the other, minimum of one picnic per hour and lashings and lashings of chamois cream.

That's how I roll.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Still on for this J Lizzle?

Any one else?