O/T Worlds best 4x4?????????

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

sjm
DDK rules my life!

Re: O/T Worlds best 4x4?????????

Post by sjm »

Brilliant!!!
Simon Moore
1958 356A
1978 Aston Martin V8
1988 Jaguar XJS 3.6 manual
1959 Lambretta Li125
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nick Moss »

When will our Government insist on the fitment of winter tyres, as does most (if not all) of northern Europe? Think how many jams it would save.
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
johnM
I need to get out more!

Post by johnM »

nick-moss wrote:When will our Government insist on the fitment of winter tyres, as does most (if not all) of northern Europe? Think how many jams it would save.
Totally agree, Facebook has been full of people complaining about the council not gritting the roads, taking no responsibility themselves and then they jump into their cars with summer tyres that are bald and under inflated and wonder why they get stuck.
John
1970 2.2E Coupe.
2004 996 GT3 mkII
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG.
2021 Toyota GR Yaris Circuit Pack
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

johnM wrote:
nick-moss wrote:When will our Government insist on the fitment of winter tyres, as does most (if not all) of northern Europe? Think how many jams it would save.
Totally agree, Facebook has been full of people complaining about the council not gritting the roads, taking no responsibility themselves and then they jump into their cars with summer tyres that are bald and under inflated and wonder why they get stuck.
+1 Standard practice here in Germany during O to O ( October to Easter ). You are in serious trouble if you cause a Traffic Jam, or worse an accident, if you don't have them fitted.

Not only does the siping and narrower section aid traction in the snow and ice, but also the softer compound is far better suited for the colder temperatures.

Chris
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

Does it not invalidate your insurance in Germany if there's snow on the ground and you're not on winter tyres?

Totally agree winters would save loads of trouble; I stopped to check a family were ok a month ago in their rr sport who were stuck in the snow just outside the village on stupid low profile sporty tyres, and when they were said "ok I'm off then..". The guy replied "if I'm stuck, you're not going anywhere in THAT!" (gesturing to my mini). I just laughed at him and then drove off, the Conti winter contacts doing their thing :)

Returned 5mins later in the fendt and dragged his sorry ass back to his house :lol:
tanick
I luv DDK!

Post by tanick »

I can't remember what the tyres were in the photo but they were the standard issue for 2005 Defenders. I changed them for Mud Terrains last year and had a terrible time in the snow in Switzerland last winter. Had to have the chains on all the time :drunken: . When cash allows I'm going back to an all terrain tyre.