911/912 Door adjustment

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

100702mark
Married to the DDK

911/912 Door adjustment

Post by 100702mark »

The doors on my 67 912 fit well from a panel gap perspective however, when viewed from behind the top half of the door surrounding the glass doesnt appear to sit snuggly up against the seal almost looking like you could put your fingers between the shinny metal frame and rubber. The bottom half of the door sits snuggly. Is it possible to adjust the top of the door inwards, if so how.

Thanks

Mark
1967 912
Abarth 595 comp
Prattie
DDK addict

Re: 911/912 Door adjustment

Post by Prattie »

I am just doing this job in order to get the glass working in the frames better.

I think I am right in saying that you can adjust the top frame by loosening the (my car had) five bolts which hold the frame in place. There is then a lot of movement. You will have to take down the door cards, bins, handles etc in order to gain access to the middle frame bolt attachment. There are a series of bolts two front of door upper one by the middle bat quarter light, lower middle center, (accessable through the speaker hole) and then lower door below the door lock.

On adjustment there is a need to ensure the windows are moving up and down easily. There is a tightening sequence as well starting at the lock end. There is a good picture and description in a Haynes Manual in the bodywork suppliment.

Its not hard but it is time consuming and it helps to have another pair of hands.

Hope this helps.

Steve
100702mark
Married to the DDK

Post by 100702mark »

Thanks Steve, I'll give it a go because I also need to sort out my window openning. The marshalls on rallies think Im being rude when I post the time card through a 1 inch gap.

Regards

Mark
1967 912
Abarth 595 comp
Prattie
DDK addict

Post by Prattie »

Ah a man who has to do the same as me. I was always embarassed at the dartford toll to have to get out the BL..... car to drop my 1.70 in the hod thingy.

Good Luck

steve