magnus walker URBAN OUTLAW film trailer

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: magnus walker URBAN OUTLAW film trailer

Post by 23e Heure »

So Urban Outlaw is getting its first showing on Friday Sept 28th, 8.15pm in London:

http://www.raindance.org/site/index.php ... n%20outlaw

Any local DDKers fancy going?

I work 5 minutes walk away from the venue, so it's a no brainer for me, assuming I can get permission from 'er indoors...
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
TDK
DDK slapper chatter

magnus walker URBAN OUTLAW film trailer

Post by TDK »

I'm considering going too as my office is only down in Westminster.
1973 Gemini Blue 911
23e Heure

Post by 23e Heure »

Any more for any more?
There are plenty of us DDKers based up in The Smoke.
Could make for a good chance to catch up, without having to drive down the A3 : (no aspersions cast toward the Fairmile meets, of course :) )
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
silver911
Married to the DDK

Post by silver911 »

Sounds like a plan...

A few minutes walk for me...
nate-duarte
DDK Newbie

Post by nate-duarte »

Absolutely EPIC Magnus, looks like you are living the dream!!!!!

Please let me know when your apprenticeship applications open so I can plan my emigration to the States :)
81 SC - sold
73 RS Rep - sold
23e Heure

Post by 23e Heure »

Morning All,

I just got off the phone with Apollo cinema in Piccadilly - disappointingly they say that the Urban Outlaw screening has been cancelled. :(

Confusingly it is still showing on the Raindance film festival site itself: Can anybody confirm this is defo cancelled.

@KS: were you going on some kind of press ticket? Have they sent out notifications?

Cheers,
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
magnus walker
DDK Newbie

Post by magnus walker »

http://www.magnuswalker911.blogspot.com ... -film.html

evening all,
a little birdie told me there was was some confusion back home on the other side of the pond.

my URBAN OUTLAW film is playing friday sept 28 8.15 pm@ the RAINDANCE film festival at the apollo cinema in picadilly circus with " free improvisation"

see ya there.

cheers

magnus
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

I got a ticket but it took ages for the lady to find the movie and then give me a ticket. Literally about 10-15 mins. Plus it isn't on the web site when you try to book on line so try calling again.

Magnus are you coming over to do the "free improvisation"?
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
magnus walker
DDK Newbie

Post by magnus walker »

the girls at the Apollo are not the most effiecent....

i had to call 3 times from LA to get a few extra tickets..

i will be in LONDON :)

CHEERS

magnus

http://www.magnuswalker911.com
Ian 2.2S
DDK rules my life!

Post by Ian 2.2S »

For us Norveners, is it going to be shown anywhere else ? :) Tried Googling without success.
Ian
Bertroex
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by Bertroex »

Can we screen in in the broad way cinema in Notts perchance?

Or in some sort of arty cinema likehttp://nottinghamconfidential.blogspot. ... ns-as.html, with street parking for a load of 911's? (with parking attendants- we don't want drunken muppets dancing on the car roof etc) or even at the university of Nottingham?

Or what about that Art deco cinema in Brum, http://www.theelectric.co.uk/ but then again, as Mr Walker hauls from Sheffield, what about http://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/? Wiki states

The Showroom CinemaThe Showroom Cinema is an independent arthouse cinema in Sheffield, England. It is housed in a 1936 art deco building which was formerly the Kennings car dealership.[1] It was first opened in 1993 with two screens; further phases of development have added another two screens, a bar and cafe and a meeting room, making it one of the attractions of Sheffield's Cultural Industries Quarter, in the south-east of the city centre.

Much of the remainder of the building is the Workstation, offices intended for use by business working in the "cultural industries".

The conversion programme was completed in 1998 and saw an entrance to the cinema created from Sheaf Square; the Workstation retains the original entrance on Paternoster Row.[1]

In 2002, the cinema was voted the favourite independent cinema of Guardian readers[2][3]

In November 2007, Showroom was awarded the title Best Cultural Venue in Sheffield's Exposed Magazine Awards.

The building was used in the video for the Arctic Monkeys song Leave Before The Lights Come On in 2006.

Anyway, I'll see if I can make it but its gonna be toight..

Regards,

Bert
-1968 912 SWB Targa LHD
-1976 911 Carrera 3.o Targa RHD
-1983 944 190bhp (augment automotive enhanced) RHD
-1979 280SLC manual LHD, 1989 500SL, 1997 SL500, 1989 Jag XJ-s 3.6, old BMW’s
-Ex 1976 911 2.7 Targa, 1979 911 SC, 1983 930,1993 964 C4 Jubi etc
DarthMJH
I luv DDK!

Post by DarthMJH »

I've just tried to book tickets and was told I can't as it is not on there systems, but Head Office have been informed. They explained I have to ring back either on Monday or Tuesday to see if its on there system.

Some of you have been very lucky to be able to get tickets !

Mike
Mike
1973 RHD 911T
1995 993 C4
mycar

Post by mycar »

Is it going to be screened in Sheffield ?

Can you go back to Sheffield Magnus ??

Mike.
mrk
DDK rules my life!

Post by mrk »

Bertroex wrote:Can we screen in in the broad way cinema in Notts perchance?

Or in some sort of arty cinema likehttp://nottinghamconfidential.blogspot. ... ns-as.html, with street parking for a load of 911's? (with parking attendants- we don't want drunken muppets dancing on the car roof etc) or even at the university of Nottingham?

Or what about that Art deco cinema in Brum, http://www.theelectric.co.uk/ but then again, as Mr Walker hauls from Sheffield, what about http://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/? Wiki states

The Showroom CinemaThe Showroom Cinema is an independent arthouse cinema in Sheffield, England. It is housed in a 1936 art deco building which was formerly the Kennings car dealership.[1] It was first opened in 1993 with two screens; further phases of development have added another two screens, a bar and cafe and a meeting room, making it one of the attractions of Sheffield's Cultural Industries Quarter, in the south-east of the city centre.

Much of the remainder of the building is the Workstation, offices intended for use by business working in the "cultural industries".

The conversion programme was completed in 1998 and saw an entrance to the cinema created from Sheaf Square; the Workstation retains the original entrance on Paternoster Row.[1]

In 2002, the cinema was voted the favourite independent cinema of Guardian readers[2][3]

In November 2007, Showroom was awarded the title Best Cultural Venue in Sheffield's Exposed Magazine Awards.

The building was used in the video for the Arctic Monkeys song Leave Before The Lights Come On in 2006.

Anyway, I'll see if I can make it but its gonna be toight..

Regards,

Bert

Good shout!
Best

Matt

2015 Bowler Defender #50
BMW M3 Touring
BMW X3
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

I've just called and booked tickets and was told that if when calling or booking online you select the 'Shorts 5 - Gone Astray' screening then this covers admittance for the evening - hope they're right!

Cheers,