Pacing around awaiting rolling road results

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Re: Pacing around awaiting rolling road results

Post by Mick Cliff »

hot66 wrote:ross, just have a quick check of all the fuel pipes ( including the ones under the car at th efuel pump / tank etc) ) to make sure they aren't leaking ... if the car has been sat for a while sometimes they can go hard
Wise advice :wink:
I had leaks from mine after the fuel pump and associated flexible pipes were renewed. Turned out to be a slightly oversized Jubilee type clip on one connection that was not gripping a flexible pipe properly. The old flexibles were quite hard and brittle.
The leak was not immediately visible, all I could smell was petrol :roll:
Eventually (couple of days use) the leak became visible and a repair was effected, assisted by photos from hot66! Been fine ever since.
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
ross.mcw
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ross.mcw »

Will definitely take a good look tonight / this weekend. I've already had the experience of it dumping 25 litres of fuel into the garage while I was at work when the original tank finally perished. That was fun....especially as at the time, I had a joiner working in the loft upstairs.

Anyhow, my new gear stick is also ready for collection from Porsche Wilmslow so life couldn't get any better at this point ;) Are they hard to change?
1972 911T in metallic Gemini Blue
johnM
I need to get out more!

Post by johnM »

hot66 wrote:You've now got a high compression 'E' motor ( think T & E heads are the same size ports ? . Great numbers, especailly the torque

Somewhere I have an old Bob dyno plot from my 2.4S in its previous 'worn' state .
T cylinder heads have a 30mm inlet port E's a 32mm and S's a 36mm port. Also E and S had biral cylinders.

Ross great result, now its time to enjoy.

Kind Regards
John
1970 2.2E Coupe.
2004 996 GT3 mkII
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG.
2021 Toyota GR Yaris Circuit Pack
chris68
DDK slapper chatter

Post by chris68 »

Nice to hear the car's back together and on the road. Mine's just passed it's MoT so I'm street leagl for another year.

Here's to sunny days and the howl of a flat six.

Cheers,
Chris
'68 swb 911L
'62 Lotus 22
100cc Historic Karts
hot66

Post by hot66 »

johnM wrote:
hot66 wrote:You've now got a high compression 'E' motor ( think T & E heads are the same size ports ? . Great numbers, especailly the torque

Somewhere I have an old Bob dyno plot from my 2.4S in its previous 'worn' state .
T cylinder heads have a 30mm inlet port E's a 32mm and S's a 36mm port. Also E and S had biral cylinders.

Ross great result, now its time to enjoy.

Kind Regards
knew about the cylinders .. but for some reason thought the 2.4 T & E had the same port size ? If T does have smaller ports, then that's really strong figures from a high comp T with E cams 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
johnfm
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by johnfm »

£76/hp - with reborn cylinders?

Is that JUST engine rebuild cost??

I bet the engine is sweet though - spent yesterday driving a 1968 SWB 2.0 with a Bob Watson engine. It was bloody fantastic.
964 - sold
964 - sold
GT3 - sold
Looking to get back into air cooled.
ross.mcw
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ross.mcw »

johnfm wrote:£76/hp - with reborn cylinders?

Is that JUST engine rebuild cost??
No there was a few other things that needed doing at the same time and that was based on the final bill. Also, there was quite a lot of initial work done to the engine that needed undoing once we discovered that it was in a bit of a poor state.

In hindsight, I could have saved a bit of money by coming at it all from a different angle, but you live and learn I guess!
1972 911T in metallic Gemini Blue