Radical Rides

All the news as we aim to raise £10,000 for charity to mark our 10th year

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Radical Rides

Post by gridgway »

So I am thinking about whether it makes sense to organise a day out (poss at Snett) to gives rides in my Radical SR3. It'd be a track day so pax would be allowed.

Off the top of my head it feels like about 40 x 2 minute laps could be done in a day (would need to think that through). So I'm thinking 10 people, 4 laps each (maybe 2 laps each x 2 goes).

I'd cover the cost of the day, my car, petrol etc. The car lives near Snett so I'd be able to get the guys that look after it to get it there reasonably cost effectively.

Now I hate to be Mr Neg, but it's an uncertain business, so people would need to happy to pay up and take the chance of something untoward happening (like the car giving up after 15 mins - it shouldn't but it might). Also it's motorsport so it's dangerous!!

What do people think? Worthwhile to look at further? What would people be prepared to donate?

Cheers
Graham
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: Radical Rides

Post by smallspeed »

That sounds like a cracking idea.. i MIGHT be able to get my hands on a (non radical) back-up car just incase - I'll ask :)
johnM
I need to get out more!

Post by johnM »

I think it sound like a great idea 8)
John
1970 2.2E Coupe.
2004 996 GT3 mkII
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG.
2021 Toyota GR Yaris Circuit Pack
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

Great idea - my only caution would be to check first with Snetterton about the legal/insurance implications of having people pay to be a passenger.

Good luck, though. Next time, bring it down to Cornwall - St Eval would be cool!

:)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel