STOLEN CAR

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Re: STOLEN CAR

Post by cubist »

You have to go into Uship and read his feedback... 28 cancelled jobs and the vast majority of users say the same thing: that he lies, doesn't communicate and is unreliable. A born loser. Seems he was seriously ill in hospital only a few weeks ago, a relative died, he was stuck in Holland... the list of excuses is laughable. How do these people get work?
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Bruce M »

Reading between the lines, it seems from the feedback that he tries to bundle up jobs to make a trip worthwhile and quotes cheap. However, when one or more jobs fall through the rest don't add up so he cancels with a load of weak excuses.

I suspect, he tried to do the same with Deeman's car and got caught out. He is probably hoping to line up some other jobs to cover the fuel costs.

I noticed from your post that you had his home phone number. Surely, it would be a 5 min job for the police to track him down using that?
veryporky
DDK forever

Post by veryporky »

I imported my VW bus from Canada, used freight forwarder who put it to a trucking company to move 2000 miles to the docks. trouble was the forwarder were bad at paying their bills and my bus got off loaded not at my booked destination but somewhere else the other side of Toronto without me knowing. Really thought I'd lost it but the sea freight company at the docks managed to track it down for me. really thought I'd lost it though, the forwarder I'd booked with were not answering my calls.

Could be worth checking with customs at the docks or the people that handled the documentation and unloading. Who handed the vehicle over to this Mark Lowe?? Whatever the case act fast and contact as many people / organisations as you can - do lots of ground work and keep us informed....
Keith
porker914
DDK forever

Post by porker914 »

I trust you have reported this to the police as with home and mobile numbers surely they would just visit the scumbag?
1969 914 now crushed!!
1971 914 now sold
1973 914 now sold
1975 914 now sold
DEEMAN
DDK forever

Post by DEEMAN »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
The matter has been taken up by the police and all action taken. Their comment was that it is very unusual to have so much information. I am on tenterhooks now waiting for them to come back to me.
I will keep you all informed as soon as I hear anything.
porker914
DDK forever

Post by porker914 »

Good luck
1969 914 now crushed!!
1971 914 now sold
1973 914 now sold
1975 914 now sold
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

I am right here in Southampton. If you wish me to go some where here to see anything or ask questions contact me. I don't like it when I see cars being stolen it's just not cricket. When Mikes car was stolen I took photo's to both Portsmouth and Southampton docs with telephone numbers just incase some one saw it.

I am kitesurfing on Sat with a copper mate who I am sure I can ask him to make sure that all the i's are being dotted and the t's crossed. You would have to supply me with your case number. He is based in Southampton as are others I know.

I know of that car ( when it was in the US ) interesting project. I may be right by the docs tomorrow I could go and ask at the security hut if they saw it 100% leave as it's not some thing that does not stand out. Being Yellow! What was the company that shipped it in.. I think I know already as I have used them my self. I don't come on here, but was alerted to your issue by another 912 owner. So I will check my pm box for a few days to keep in touch.

Sorry to hear of this, it does sound abit of a mess.
Nige

Post by Nige »

Go and kick some butt Marky Mark. Good to see you back.
912uk

Post by 912uk »

Hi Nige
Back, No. Help, yes.
DEEMAN
DDK forever

Post by DEEMAN »

Just a few words to follow up with the 'STOLEN CAR'
It has been retreived and is now residing at my property after a lengthy and costly episode. The basic truth of the matter is that the transporter, Mark Lowe, is just a swindling miserable cheat of a guy who has, and I fear will continue, to con people into using his service. I have now come across several other people who have experienced the same treatment. Including the trailer man from near me.
However, the main issue was that he is a lousey person at communication. I have on record several sheets of A4 noting all the phone calls and e-mails I sent and his response one can put in half a dozen lines - usually from an i-phone. Two Police forces were involved which gave him and I quote ' a mind-disturbing' moment when they phoned him but a couple of days later he said he couldn't give a ..... what the police thought.
I arranged for another company (Jamie's Transport Services) to collect the car from his house (where it had been to whole time!) and after advising him when it would be collected and the new transporter phoning to confirm and agree a time, he was not here on the appointed day!! My new chap and his son stayed there, phoned Mr Lowe on his mobile Only to be told he had forgotten - from the night before??!! and would be back at his base at 5.30pm! Unfortunatly he had blocked the Porsche in with a couple of other cars - and the keys were in his pocket.. Bless their cotton socks they stayed and waited the whole day and finally managed to get the Porsche loaded at 6.30 -when Mr Lowe returned.
That completely upset their plans to bring it to me later that day and they had to rejig their shedule and bring it the following day. Which they did arriving at 10.00pm full of apologies. Only to drive the 550 miles back that night.
Lowe had the cheek to ask for them to collect a Mercedes from Blackpool on the way back. "Are you paying?" was asked - "No, just needed collecting and the sender would be paying the charges". Being wise to the shananagins of such a fellow, a quick phone call proved that Lowe had been paid already to do the job!!!!!!
What a B.......D.
Any way the Yellow Canary has landed and is now being stripped of its ridiculous appendages. It looks very comical at the moment as I have put 5.1/2 steel wheels on it and taken off the 16" Fuchs style wide wheels (which have brand new 205/55 and 225/55 tyres on 7 and 8J rims) and they are now for sale. Anyone interested?
I big thank you to all you DDKers who offered help, sympathy and advice. If it were not for the appalling communication I suffered from Mark Lowe I would be embarrassed to tell this tale but I fell for his con tricks just like many others.
I would say just one more thing. I cannot praise enough the transporters I finally used. A father and son business out of Stow in the Wolds who understood everything perfectly, stayed in contact the whole time, every couple of hours on the journey and took great care of the car plus collecting the motorcycle from Southampton for my son. They even paid the motorcycle owner for the machine for me and I rembursed them on delivery.
Just wonderful honest people - everything that Lowe wasn't.
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

:hello1: - I love happy endings.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Brilliant news :cheers: .

Hi Mark, BTW, good to hear from you :) .
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
veryporky
DDK forever

Post by veryporky »

Good news :) :) :) :) :) :)
Keith
Nige

Post by Nige »

Good news, PM'd about the fuchs too ;)
Gary71

STOLEN CAR

Post by Gary71 »

Excellent news :) Have you reported him to trading standards and are the police interested in following it up?