Issue with fellow club member

Having site problems then post them here

Moderator: Miggs

mitso
DDK slapper chatter

Issue with fellow club member

Post by mitso »

HI
I have been a member of DDK for umpty years now,also a genuine member of PCA/PCGB since 1970,I would like to notify you and please pass the mail on to "Bootsy" as well,I have had an issue with a fellow member " Curbo",to cut a long story short I have sold him a rebuilt 356 engine complete less exhaust,however he insisted that the exhaust items should have been included,I offered to return a full refund which he in turns refused.
The issue I have now : I place an add under spares for sale a 911/2.7 engine which needs to be restored,the engine belonging to my brother in law,I have now noticed under this item that " curbo" has added an open comment : don't trust this guy etc,I feel this inapropriate to make a comment on an open for all to see case and would like to know how can such further actions be elliminated?
I have a good reputation amongst all DDK'ers and have been for many years.
I would appreciated your views on this please
Thank you
I am under "mitso" registred
Regards
Eric Lanz :(
ims101
I luv DDK!

Re: Issue with fellow club member

Post by ims101 »

I don't think you are one your own :wink: someone, while on a car related trip recently, happen to make very similar comments. Though I don't have any beef myself.
Ian
356 Replica with 911sc
Rita the Queen of Speed!
911-356 dave
DDK slapper chatter

Post by 911-356 dave »

Eric is a very respected early Porsche fanatic. He gets my vote every time.
1958 356A CAB RHD
1959 356A RHD
1960 356B RHD SOLD
1961 356B LHD
1965 912 RHD
1966 912 RHD
1967 911 RHD SOLD
Richi996
Married to the DDK

Post by Richi996 »

If you are offered a Full Refund and don`t except it ...... then the person has no reason to add such comments ......

Got my vote too ....
Richard
73 RS Rep with 2.8l Twin Plug
Ducati 996 Foggy Rep
1 wife and 1 Boy
curbo

Post by curbo »

1. Parts robbed off engine
2. End float set at 1.5mm
3. Distrubutor drive in 180 degrees wrong direction
4. Dynamo and fuel pump assembled wrong

God knows what else we will find, stick to polishing!
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

Look I don't know either of you from Adam, but...

Curbo, you obviously have issues with the engine you purchased from Mitso, I just don't understand why you didn't accept the full refund and return the engine. OK you may be out of pocket with time and cost regarding the logistics but that's the chance we all make if buying secondhand parts. If Mitso is still willing for this to happen then do so and lets move on away from this school ground bickering, which really should have happened in private.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Nige wrote:Look I don't know either of you from Adam, but...

Curbo, you obviously have issues with the engine you purchased from Mitso, I just don't understand why you didn't accept the full refund and return the engine. OK you may be out of pocket with time and cost regarding the logistics but that's the chance we all make if buying secondhand parts. If Mitso is still willing for this to happen then do so and lets move on away from this school ground bickering, which really should have happened in private.
Ditto, please deal with it in private as sensible adults
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
mitso
DDK slapper chatter

Post by mitso »

Bootsy wrote:

I have from day one offered a full refund for the engine several times,but was only treated with abuse,rather then negotiating a settlement,I agree this should be settled via pm and not accused on a open Forum
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

mitso wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

I have from day one offered a full refund for the engine several times,but was only treated with abuse,rather then negotiating a settlement,I agree this should be settled via pm and not accused on a open Forum
Agreed and you offer of a full refund is on the open forum and I think members can see you acted in a fair manner.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk