Romantic Hotels in or near Stuttgart?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

hamishf
DDK Seasoned Poster

Hotel

Post by hamishf »

Peter - we stayed here:
Adler Asperb Stuttgarter Strasse 2 D-71679 Asperg
071 41 26 600
www.adler-asperg.de

Its a really charming hotel.

And lastly, don't miss the Mercedes museum - your wife will most likely enjoy it as much as you. One of the better musuems I've ever visited and more like a museum of the 20th century with cars in it, than a car museum.
Hamish Franklin
r-gruppe 613
73E hotrod (2.7MFI); 74 Carrera; 69 280 SL; 924 Carrera GT
anothere21323i
DDK Fanatic

Post by anothere21323i »

Firstly, many congratulations on the wonderful news!

Although it's not especially close to Stuttgart, this hotel is UTTERLY fabulous, and is a must stay for anybody visiting Germany:

http://www.schlosshotel-lerbach.com/

I took my girlfriend there last Valentine's weekend and we had an amazing time. It meets all your criteria - it's romantic both in setting and in style, the food is unbelievably good, it has great facilities and I honestly couldn't reccommend it enough as one of your honeymoon locations to visit. It really is that good. My girlfriend loved it - and I'm sure you guys would too!

There is a cookery school there, as well as a spa where your wife will be able to have beauty treatments etc. It's also close to Koln, so you could have a day trip there (lots to see and do) if you wanted.

So far as the lakes are concerned, we did a European road trip this summer and stayed in a villa on the shore of Lake Garda. It used to be a private residence but recently opened as a holiday villa. There are only a few rooms, so it is cosy and there is a great degree of privacy. It is quite literally on the shore of the lake, and we had our own private veranda from which we saw some fabulous sunsets. Again, my girfriend loved it and it would be another great romantic place to stay for your honeymoon. Link: http://www.gardalake.it/villacappellina/

I'll dig out some photos when I get home tonight and post them here if that helps?

Regards,

Tony
anothere21323i
DDK Fanatic

Post by anothere21323i »

Ooops forgot to say that the BMW museum and BMW Welt in Munich are both worth a visit - set in the 1972 Olympia Park but recently rebuilt, they are pretty stunning buildings and have some great exhibits.

Also from Garda you're not far from Modena, so a visit to the (dare I even suggest this on a Porsche-lovers website!) Ferrari factory may be possible?
Peter
I luv DDK!

Post by Peter »

I think I was pushing my luck suggesting the Porsche museum and now you guys are suggesting the Mercedes and BMW museums and Ferrari factory :shock: What are you trying to do, destroy the marriage before it even starts? :lol:

But then again, in for a penny and all that 8)
Peter
'72 911T
'52 80” Series 1
Ian Donkin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Ian Donkin »

Congratulations Peter - great news 8)
2006 RHD 997 Carrera (but DDK remains in my heart - also now no longer)
1972 LHD 2.4T with '73 2.4T CIS motor - gone to a new DDK home
1994 RHD 993 Carrera - gone!
1968 LHD 911L - was the Wife's but now in new hands :-(

Bewildebeest
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Bewildebeest »

..................and the French National Motor Museum at Mulhouse which is sort of on the way to Stuttgart (depending on where you start. :lol:)
Topocalma
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Topocalma »

Being German I heard good things about the Hotel "Der Zauberlehrling" (The sorcerer's apprentice) in Stuttgart. http://www.zauberlehrling.de/
I haven't stayed there myself.

Good luck.
charlotte
DDK Fanatic

Post by charlotte »

Congratulations... lovely news :)

If you're heading to Lake Como I know a couple people who have stayed at Villa d'Este and said it was absolutely beautiful. You could also try looking at Small Luxury Hotels of the World: www.slh.com. We've stayed in a few and loved them.
1968 Porsche 911L
Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mitch »

Mitch wrote: And it goes without saying that the mountain pass driving around there is legendary!
Peter, I'd forgotten about this route planner for Switzerland. Quite like the way it's presented, maps, GPS waypoints & pics.

http://www.ultimatedrives.net/routes/index.php

HTH
Peter
I luv DDK!

Post by Peter »

Many thanks for all your responses. Planning is underway...and I love that route planner!
Peter
'72 911T
'52 80” Series 1
Airhead
DDK addict

Post by Airhead »

Congratulations!

Not everyone's cup of tea perhaps but good if you want to maintain the theme on a visit to the Porsche museum:

http://www.v8hotel.de/index.php?id=81&L=1
Peter
I luv DDK!

Post by Peter »

That may be pushing things a little too far :lol:
Peter
'72 911T
'52 80” Series 1
Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mitch »

Have just remembered a really nice place we stayed at a couple of years ago... in between Como and Bergamo, so a good overnighter before heading off to Maranello :wink:

It's an Agriturismo so not luxurious but simple & comfortable with spectacular food as I remember!

http://www.casaclelia.com/eng/home.html

HTH