2.7 RS Replica - know of any for sale?

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
yoda
I need to get out more!

2.7 RS Replica - know of any for sale?

Post by yoda »

Hi

I have seen this for sale and was wondering if anyone has more information about it or if any one has been to see it or knows the car?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2055871.htm

Looks nice in the pictures and sensible road spec rather than the usual track car, which appeals to me. Sounds like it is an older conversion so I suspect condition is the main thing to look at.

I am thinking of going to have a look but would appreciate any information or even views about the spec, car generally, price etc. Also anything in particular that I should pay attention too.

Price wise it seems a little on the expensive side if it is an older conversion but I find it difficult to put a value on replicas so if people have experience or views on what things are worth paying for and how this car stacks up I would appreciate it.

Many thanks
Last edited by yoda on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimB
DDK slapper chatter

Post by TimB »

PM sent

Regards
Tim
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

The body resto, RS lwt style conversion and engine build was was done 2004-2005. It then had a gearbox rebuild, clutch and swap to Touring style earlier this year so none of it is too old. :)
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Thanks both for your replies.

Sam - Agree that 2005 isn't that old after all! The advert mentions patina and it sort of sounded like a house that is described as having "original features" ...... and means it needs a bit of freshening up! I take it all back.

Any more information on the car, nice original features etc :) would be appreciated.

Regards
scalino65
DDK rules my life!

PM Sent

Post by scalino65 »

PM Sent
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Hello again

Saw a couple of cars today, both with private sellers. It always surprises me how the description doesn't match reality when it comes to buying cars. To be fair, they were quite cheap and I wasn't expecting them to be perfect.

If any one know of any other good quality RS replicas for sale, I would be grateful for pointers. The closer to the real thing the better.

Thanks for the messages so far.

Regards
RSGulp
Married to the DDK

Post by RSGulp »

Is this Feroz? Or just a coincidence that someone else on a Porsche forum uses the username Yoda?
1973 911T
1992 964 Carrera RS
1959 Porsche Junior 108L Tractor

Previous Porsche/Air-cooled:
1983 911SC Targa 204 bhp - the 'Hot Chocolate' car
1971 Volkswagen Typ1 1641cc Twin 40 IDF Webers
1969 Volkswagen Typ2 Devon Bay/Split Factory Crossover
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Hi Rich. Yes, its me. How are you doing? Hope all is well and you are still enjoying your car.
pmjt
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by pmjt »

Yoda - you have pm
--
DDK Member #890
mycar

Post by mycar »

Pmjt, you have a PM.. or you will have in a minute.

Mike.
Sam

Post by Sam »

yoda wrote:Sam - Agree that 2005 isn't that old after all! The advert mentions patina and it sort of sounded like a house that is described as having "original features" ...... and means it needs a bit of freshening up! I take it all back.
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away from the computer over the weekend.

Things like the window trims dash, clocks, etc are original and unrestored, so have 40 years behind them which gives the car the sort of comfy period feel you can't get from a back-dated replica.

It's got a 2.7 on mechanical fuel injection so sounds and goes like the real thing too.

The interior was done for comfort rather than period correctness so has later seats and a modern wheel, but we could change all that - we have various seats and correct wheels knocking about the place.

Give me a call if you want to discuss.

Sam
01440 714884
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
964RS

Post by 964RS »

yoda wrote:Hi Rich. Yes, its me. How are you doing? Hope all is well and you are still enjoying your car.
I did think this may be Feroz then thought naaaaaah.

Hi bud!! Hope you are well mate :)

You still got the Ring beemer??
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

sanjay
DDK slapper chatter

Post by sanjay »

964 RS Feroz??

sanjay
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Hi. Yes its me!

I am well. No ring car any more, been doing some motorbike track days for the last couple of years and thought it time I get something more suitable for road use and then I can show my face amongst you Porsche folk again.

Jason - thanks for the PM.
Sam - will call you this week.
Sanjay - is that 944 with the bricks on the roof Sanjay?

Hope you are all well.

Regards
sanjay
DDK slapper chatter

Post by sanjay »

Yes, bricks on the roof 944 Sanjay it had a 89 front end and a 84 back end and yet is still the best car i have ever owned !

Alan.UK has a rep for sale, I and many others on here can vouch for him.

In my opinion a rust free well prepared RS rep is the best fun you can have with your clothes on, with the exception of the 944 above of course.

Look forward to seeing you with a classic 911 sometime

sanjay