Paul Stephens backdate

Did your headlights meet across the motorway if so then post up in here

Moderator: cubist

Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Paul Stephens backdate

Post by Tosh »

Blue backdate - J reg coupe heading out of London through the Limehouse Link and on the A13 at about 2pm this afternoon

Nice looking wheels, and easy to mistake for an old car unless closer up (and the rear spoiler is up!). Driver on the phone too!!! :P
Barry
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Barry »

T'wasn't me, as I haven't got one.

However, funnily enough I was offered a 964 C4 needing plenty of engine work (oil leaks, so no surprises there). On the other hand, it had a black interior (versatile as far as new exterior colours go), FSH and around 100K on the clock. I think £7,500 would buy it, but don't know it that's about right.

I'm shamed to admit that I have a bit of a weakness for the PS retro's, and really fancy doing the same sort of thing. The panel side of things wouldn't be too much of a problem, nor the paint. The only issue that I can see that I would struggle with is the wheels, as I suspect that PS would be reluctant to sell them without being attached to one of their cars .... Either way, I really fancy doing a 'creative' project at some point, and my idea of a 2.4 speedster is fading somewhat: I'd never be extrovert enough to use it :roll: .

Anyway, currently I think it would be more sensible to stick to the commercial 'real' early cars, and worry about something for myself later on, although I'd not be adverse to picking up a project car (including a bent / poorly 964) in the meantime.

But, no it wasn't me :lol: .
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

Oddly enough, it was the wheels I liked least. They looked too big for the arches. A bit like someone squeezed 17" rims into too small a hole....
Barry
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Barry »

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, and if I remember, they look a bit flat as well, not nicely contoured like a 'proper' one.
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's