WE ARE LEVEL T-Shirt Feedback

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

King_Jut
Married to the DDK

WE ARE LEVEL T-Shirt Feedback

Post by King_Jut »

Hey Guys,

I need a massive favour, I need some feedback on my website and my tees, I don't just want "they look ace", I want know if you guys really like them, and would buy them, (don't worry, I won't actually make you).

Please be as honest as you can, I won't take offense, nor hunt you down and kill you, I just want to know.

Cheers you guys.

Justin

www.wearelevel.com and Ill post the pics of the tees here in a min.

King_Jut
Married to the DDK

Post by King_Jut »

bullett
DDK addict

Post by bullett »

I have a previous version of the Porsche one.

I like the BMX, Skulls and Golf but wouldn't buy them with the big we are level logos.

Loose those bits or scale them down and I would be interested.
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

yeah logos a bit big for me too but some cool designs....although you may struggle to sell one in the States :shock:

I can see you are trying to get a brand name across but people don't tend to buy things splashed with a big brand name until it actually becomes a big brand name...
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

love the golf and the porsche designs, but i never ever ever ever ever wear t-shirts so wouldn't buy any of them! If you did the golf or porsche logo on the back of a hoodie with a small level logo over the left teat or something then i would be more likely to buy one :wink:

I agree with the above comments; the logo's are pretty in your face for a brand that the average joe won't have heard of and I think most people would buy a t-shirt with a bit logo to show off how cool they are (think henleys or g-star's current range of t-shirts). I think more t's along the lines of the porsche one but maybe ditch the level logo from the front and move it to a small logo on the back of the shoulder, middle of the shoulderblades or something a-la superdry and some of the other manufacturers.. maximum advertising (you spend more time walking around looking at the back of peoples t-shirts than the front) nice design twist, and it makes the logo a bit more subtle, concentrating more on your (really very cool) graphics and designs

Having said that the local riders in your area are likely to be into the big logo's as they tend to "pledge alegience" to their local suppliers/supporters so t's like that are a good way of spreading your name around certain groups (in your case skaters, bmx riders, fruit-booters, etc) and growing the business from there

b :)
Ralph
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Ralph »

I like a couple of the car specific designs, but do you only do them in medium & large as per your site?

The shirts with just your logos on don't do a lot for me.
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

Ben...now I know I'm getting old....whats a 'fruit-booter' ?????
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

hahaha!.. rollerblades (looks like they're rolling around on little satsuma's :lol: )

you think you're getting old, read that first line of my post again.. :oops:
mullerice
DDK slapper chatter

Post by mullerice »

Hi Justin,

I agree with the previous posts about the logo and that perhaps in some cases it needs to be more subtle. I do really like your designs though, and I still wear my green porsche tshirt all the time :)

For the website - again, the design itself is really good. One comment though is can you remove the scroll bar on the right-hand side? I can see why it's there for the pages where you need to scroll down, but it doesn't seem to need to be there on the home page, IMHO.

Cheers,

Adam
Current: 2002 996 C4S (2016-)
Sold: 1967 912 (2004-2013)
Glenn75S
DDK above all

Post by Glenn75S »

Hi Mate

I did alot of work with Surf, skate and ski brands when at d3o. I personally think that the golf and porsche tees don't fit in if you are aiming at those markets. I could put you in touch with my old designers at d3o who deal with those markets, to give some relevant feedback, I never understood why they had to wear their jeans so low!!!

Branding is essential and it is a real challenge to get you name out their. at d3o we spent alot of time getting the brand into the public eye. I think keep you logo big and get it on some atheletes in BMX, Skate, parcour. New breakthrough brands tend to be considered cool. My concern is that level is a snowboard brand already. I have come across some issues with brand conflict in the past with Racer and Armadillo that have resulted in legal negotiations. I would check this one out.

On the whole I think that they look great, Skull ones are my least favorite.

Good Luck

Glenn
1975 Porsche 911S (SOLD)
1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 (Distant Memory)
2000 Audi TT 225
2007 Volvo V50 D5 SE Sport
2009 Hungarian Vizsla AWD
King_Jut
Married to the DDK

Post by King_Jut »

Hey man, thanks for the feedback, I would love a little inside feed back on our brand, if you could arrange that it would be ace.

Regarding the name, We are called WE ARE LEVEL, we hired a IP Solicitor for 6 months to sort out all possible conflicts (as we we're going to use LEVEL, but because of the other company, were advise against it). So we went with WE ARE LEVEL ,they were notifed and saw no conflict, hence why we have an ® name.

Thanks again guys for all the comments, please keep guys.