Insurance Renewal - Massive saving!!!!!!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

sng45
DDK rules my life!

Insurance Renewal - Massive saving!!!!!!

Post by sng45 »

I've just had the renewal quotation through from my broker for my "everyday" cars - multiple vehicle policy covering five cars ( Mercedes 350SL, Lotus Elise R , Porsche 996 C4S cabriolet, Morgan 4/4, and VW Golf R32 ) - my classic Porsches are covered on a seperate classic car policy - the renewal policy is with "Chubb" who I've had the policy with for the last four years with a selection of cars similar to the above and the policy has steadily increased year on year - the renewal premium for next year is £4,800.60 !

As I had some time today I called "Admiral" insurance who I noticed had been advertising a multiple car policy - I checked all details of the policy with the lady on the telephone - cover is the same with the exception of market value rather than guaranteed value which doesn't really concern me - the premium £1278.32 ------ a saving of £3,522.28 or 73% !!!!!!!!!!

Thought it would be worth mentioning in case anyone's in the same position. Steve
early2.2S
DDK addict

Post by early2.2S »

Unbelievable - i shall definitely be giving them a call. Thanks for the heads-up..........
regs
Stuart
jonat127
DDK forever

Post by jonat127 »

I moved to Admiral a couple of years ago. I check costs every year and so far they have stayed the cheapest.
Also I got a useful tip from them this week.
I got a quote online from Admiral just to see how they compared with others before they send me my renewal later in the month. Following this online quote an Admiral rep phoned me up to try and progress the enquiry. I told him I was just checking prior to renewal and he said that if the renewal was more than the online quote they would go with the online figure, just tell the rep when phoning to renew.
Jon
1970 914-6 conversion
1977 Stag one of the last made
Vauxhall Mokka - Wifes car and unexpectedly good!
VW T5 camper - custom day van conversion
Northy
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Northy »

You should try Hagerty - I just halved my premium by going with them (now £180) and reduced the excess from £450 to £50. Also track day cover is only £25 flat rate for all european days (not incl. The Ring).

Definitely worth a try.
dogbower
DDK forever

Post by dogbower »

Got a quote from Hagerty which was better cover for less money but they wouldnt cover the car as its in my girlfriends name and its her only car and so counts as her main car. So had to stay with old insurer. :cry:
Stuart.
1971 911E
1990 986S