Help with identification/valuation of 356/911 gauges please

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

the apprentice
DDK Newbie

Help with identification/valuation of 356/911 gauges please

Post by the apprentice »

Can anybody help me with confirming the 'identity' of the following sets of gauges and give me an indication of what they might be worth (having a bit of a sort out).

The first set are what I believe to be from a 356A - they all need new bezels and a good clean, the combination gauge needs a full refurb of internals I think.

The second set are 911 gauges, believed to be from a 70s S from what I can remember (something to do with where the tacho redlines), but I'm not sure

Any help / confirmation would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
Phil
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

1st set look to be from 356 Normal (ie not Super).

2nd set is a mix:

Speedo is from a 1969 Euro 911 T/E/S model (kph) - identified by the threaded studs on the back (they were held into the dash with brackets which attached to these studs)

Rev counter is from a '70-'73 911S (can be narrowed down by looking at the date code on the rear)

Rest of gauges are from a '70-'73 911S (or could be optioned for T & E models) - again could be narrowed down by looking at the date codes.
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Lightweight_911

Looking at the pictures again it seems that the date code on the fuel/oil level gauge is 9/70
Andy

the apprentice
DDK Newbie

Post by the apprentice »

Lightweight_911 wrote:1st set look to be from 356 Normal (ie not Super).

2nd set is a mix:

Speedo is from a 1969 Euro 911 T/E/S model (kph) - identified by the threaded studs on the back (they were held into the dash with brackets which attached to these studs)

Rev counter is from a '70-'73 911S (can be narrowed down by looking at the date code on the rear)

Rest of gauges are from a '70-'73 911S (or could be optioned for T & E models) - again could be narrowed down by looking at the date codes.
Thanks Andy, appreciate your help :) Any idea / guestimate of what they might be worth (I appreciate it's subjective)?
Lightweight_911

It's always difficult to suggest values - as most people expect (hope) to get a bargain when looking to buy but want to get a good price when selling ...

The 356 gauges need a lot of work so would really only be 'cores' for rebuilding but I am a bit out of touch with parts prices for things like this.

If I was looking for some gauges to send off for refurbishing I'd expect to get something like these for no more than £25 each ...

With the 911 gauges, do you know if they are in working condition ?

If they are, then I would say

~ £150-£200 for the S tacho

~ £100-£150 for the speedo (best market is the US)

or ~ £350 for the set of 5 gauges
Andy

the apprentice
DDK Newbie

Post by the apprentice »

Thanks Andy, I know what you're saying about values - I just wanted some ball parks, so thanks very much for your help :)