A RUF conversion looking a little "ruf" around the

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

minister
DDK Fanatic

Post by minister »

Raven 930 wrote:
minister wrote:Hi there,

Wanted to look at the car, everything seemed to be fine. However, I did an "Autocheck" and there it said "This car is recorded as being a write-off by an insurance company on 25/01/2001.
Status is CAT B BODY CRUSHED."

Therefore I cancelled everything.... Since not common with the CAT things - would that not mean that the car was once completely wrecked?

Thorsten

That makes no sense at all, on 2 counts:
1) the damage was to front valance (torn off ), rear wing and one rear wheel
2) as the owner prior to the guy who had the incident with Land Rover and trailer I was instrumental in getting the new owners insurers to accept that the car wasn't just any old LHD 911SC that should be written off, and they paid to have the car repaired.
Too late for me :| On the pictures it looked good, and in addition the car would have been something really special.... But the report just shocked me so I did not go to have a look at it....

Thorsten
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jamie »

impmad2000 wrote:Isn't this the sort of thing Jamie was after ?
I too would have this, especially if the history checked out.
A Cool car !
You know me too well. Wicked car. Weird choice of colour, too.
'68 912
dragonfly
I luv DDK!

Post by dragonfly »

Raven 930 wrote:
minister wrote:Hi there,

Wanted to look at the car, everything seemed to be fine. However, I did an "Autocheck" and there it said "This car is recorded as being a write-off by an insurance company on 25/01/2001.
Status is CAT B BODY CRUSHED."

Therefore I cancelled everything.... Since not common with the CAT things - would that not mean that the car was once completely wrecked?
Thorsten
That makes no sense at all, on 2 counts:
1) the damage was to front valance (torn off ), rear wing and one rear wheel
2) as the owner prior to the guy who had the incident with Land Rover and trailer I was instrumental in getting the new owners insurers to accept that the car wasn't just any old LHD 911SC that should be written off, and they paid to have the car repaired.
These lists are prone to errors. When we traded in my wife's car against a new one, a sheepish salesman came back with a printout showing her car had been recorded as a write-off. After the initial shock, we realised the alleged date of scrapping was during our ownership, we were able to prove with one phone call that this was not the case. The data company in question's response was "oh, sorry. We quite often get errors on data entry" and the file was corrected.
Bottom line is don't take these things as gospel