Where to take the kids for 4 weeks ????

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Bladesman
DDK addict

Post by Bladesman »

Do the cowboy experience and try dude ranching in the States or Canada (Alberta way is good).

Plenty of outdoor activities - riding, mountain biking, canoeing, walking etc but with the advantage of staying in a really nice cabin at night.

Still remains one of my best holidays
left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by left4dead »

Bladesman wrote:... try dude ranching
Cubist? Bootsy? Care to explain :?: :lol:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

left4dead wrote:
Bladesman wrote:... try dude ranching
Cubist? Bootsy? Care to explain :?: :lol:
I'd love to but it's a new one on me.

Dude Raunching however ........
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
johndglynn
DDK forever

Post by johndglynn »

Taking a camper and touring England/Ireland/wherever is fun, best hols for us have all been in the camper. Weather doesn't matter much when the craic is good.

My kids can't get enough of seeing castles etc by day and sleeping over the cab by night. Easy park by a beach when they want a day in the water. There is LOADS of free stuff to see on the road and it is all interesting - join English Heritage/National Trust and go see stuff like restored Roman Villas etc. for free, then ham sarnies and proper tea in the van instead of £30 for lunch. Excellent.
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

Lots of good tips here and many similar thoughts to mine.

At 9, 6 and 4 they still LOVE the swimming pool and beaches and larking about and making friends etc.

We stayed in a eurocamp (albeit a luxury 3 bed static caravan with aircon etc!) when we went to spain recently and this was the second time as they loved it so much.

The only thing that puts me off Scotland and Ireland is the people.

Only joking :wink: its the weather - my missus is a bit of a sun godess and will be grumpy as hell if we are in Scotland in the pouring rain in the summer!

I guess doing west coast, south coast France then Italy, Switzerland is possible in the Grand Voyager and maybe do a week in each?

Canada sounds very interesting....and Seattle/Vancouver....I wonder who I know over there? :lol:

Mind you 4 luxury weeks in Thailand or 2 weeks there and 2 weeks somewhere similar sounds like my kind of break....especially as I have 2 weeks driving to do in September on the PEYT.

Hmmmmm....keep the ideas coming
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

endo911rs
DDK Newbie

Post by endo911rs »

Jason,

There are some amazing places to see in the NW. You saw Seattle but there is tons to do around here and relatively cheap. Central Oregon has some incredible camping areas and HUGE valcanic lava fields. River rafting can be had almost anywhere. Tons of seaside towns with camping or hotels... Canada is also amazing and I can point you to several areas that are all an easy drive from Seattle. I have a friend in Vancouver that can help you also (has a lovely '73E). You can rent a small motorhome and tour all over. Look up Vancouver Island. Ferry rides to the San Juan Islands... Wistler is also great in the summer...tons of hotels with great character, outdoor cafes, hiking, bike riding, gondola rides...autocrossing ;) There is a big Porsche meet up there in August I believe. Look up Glacier national park and Banf ntl park. Banf is in Canada and Glacier is northern Montana. Heard amazing things about both but never been. I am pulling for the next treffen trip to be through Glacier.