2008 DDK Annual Charity

Updates on DDK's fund raising activity

Moderator: Barry

Barry
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Barry »

P.M. on it's way, but for reference, if anyone can make out cheques to 'Macmillan Cancer Support', and include their home address if they want me to gift aid the donation, and sent it to me (P.M. for address if needed), I can then record the details, batch up the cheques, and send them on to Macmillan. This saves them administration costs on several levels.

This works very well, and best of all keeps things as simple as possible, whilst still allowing us to record how much DDK members have donated.
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
Highfield
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Highfield »

Barry

Not sure if this is the correct thread to update, but here goes.

Parts sold on Ebay for £127.61 at they will automatically deduct and send 25% to Macmillan. Very easy to do charity donations via Ebay auctions :-)

I also have £32.50 from other parts sold (or in the case of the ARB withdrawn from sale but money donated as it was my 'fault' they were withdrawn) here that I will add to as I sell off other old parts and then I will donate online with gift aid and let you know the amount.

All in the name of DDK - keep up the great work.

Ian
Ian Highfield
Pre 73 1964 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT MSA Category 1 Rally Car
1992 964 C2 with RS Suspension setup and Sport Interior - SOLD
1973 911T (2.7 Carrera engine and loads of period mods - all steel) - SOLD
1986 Carrera Coupe (256bhp) - SOLD
rafiki
DDK addict

Cape to Cape 2008

Post by rafiki »

I do not know if this would count towards the DDK total, but Carolyn and i raised £4,500 for Macmillan on the 2008 Cape to cape. All of this was handed over to Macmillan in Lincolnshire.

Does that count?
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Hi Folks: I've just been tidying up the Macmillan bits and bobs for 2008, so have a final figure for this year. To be clear, this is the figure that I've administered from here, so does not include Rafki's donations, Ian's (both as above) or the car auction.

To put it another way, the below figure is our starting point, as we have direct donations plus this year's car auction to add to the total. In addition, the below figure does not include Gift-Aid either, although all but a small handful of donations that have gone via me have had Gift-Aid forms filled in and submitted.

Anyway, here we go:

£4664.00p :P :P :P

Due to requests from many donors, I've decided not to list individual names / amounts. All details are here on file, and I would like someone (ideally local or a Fairmile visitor) to look over the (very basic) file, simply to confirm and report back that the 'Thank You' letters received from Macmillan exactly match the figures and donations received here.

All donations this year have been via cheques or postal orders made out to 'Macmillan Cancer Support', which has been great, as I don't have to worry about handling 'real money' :) .

Now then, to take this total a bit further:

2006: £9127.50
2007: £2219.00
2008: £7500 (auction).
2008: £1210 (1st batch of cheques)
2008: £1650 (2nd batch of cheques)
2008: £403 (3rd batch of cheques)
2008: £245 (4th batch of cheques)
2008: £216 (5th batch of cheques)
2008: £840 (6th batch of cheques)

Therefore, so far we have directly raised £23,410.50p. Again, we still need to add on Gift-Aid and individual, direct donations as well.

It's a credit to the spirit of DDK, and I know many people have helped push us towards this fantastic amount. Nothing illustrates this further than the efforts of Helen, Larry and their team of show-goers at the NEC. I'll sign off with an extract of our last letter to Macmillan of 2008:
Please find enclosed the latest batch of cheques from DDK (the on-line club for early Porsche cars). This time our total is £840, representing our final batch for 2008.

Once again, there have been a variety of reasons for the cheques: several donations of parts between members have triggered donations. Two of particular note this time though are from Helen and Larry Goff. They organized our stand at the NEC Classic Car Show, and combined stand materials from both DDK and Macmillan. In fact I gather that the stand was so heavily liveried in Macmillan colours that many people thought you had branched out into early Porsche ownership!

Anyway, with true entrepreneurial spirit, they charged not only for DDK lapel badges, but also donations were encouraged if people sat in one of the cars. It says much for the goodwill that Macmillan enjoys that people were delighted to join in the ‘sit-and-donate’ initiative. Helen and Larry made a particular point of mentioning the high level of positive feedback your charity received.

To this end, I’m delighted to confirm that they raised £500 over the weekend. I’m sure they’d be delighted to hear from you directly, and therefore have taken the liberty of enclosing their address so that you might write.
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
fcd911
DDK slapper chatter

Post by fcd911 »

Hello Barry

Alan at Cranford Classics has very kindly offered me a part that I require in exchange for a donation to the DDK Charity. I am very pleased to be able to contribute to such an excellent cause. Please can you tell me the process? I guess Paypal will be easiest and quickest for me assuming that is acceptable. If another payment method such as a cheque is prefered that is fine. I just need to know how I make my contribution

Thank you

John
DDK Member: 0471
1973 911S 2.4 Targa RHD (34 years ownership)
1973 911T (RS Rep) 2.7 RHD Rally Car (911/83 etc)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Hi John, you have mail, but for info, I'll list the process below:

1) The best way of donating as a 'DDK Inspired' donation is to send me a cheque made out to 'Macmillan Cancer Suppport'. By sending a cheque, I can keep tabs on how we're doing, without actually being in the position of receiving any 'real' money.

2) I can 'Gift Aid' you donation on your behalf, which adds upwards of 28% value to your donation, assuming you are a U.K. tax payer. If you'd like me to do this, simply include your full name (if not on your cheque), plus your home address.

3) I then record all cheques, Gift Aid them if requested, and forward them onto Macmillan in batches (usually every few weeks). This works out well for Macmillan, as it keeps their admin costs down, as they usually just sent out one letter (to us: DDK), rather than feeling obliged to write and thank someone for what may be a fairly minor donation.

4) A record of everything sent to Macmillan is kept here in hard copy, together with all letters of receipt from them. This record is always available to view, and again I can confirm that the above process means that I can be kept isolated from any actual monies.
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

cheque winging its way to you for some DDK Badges bought at the DDK Curry night.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Barry

Post by Barry »

:P Thanks Helen 8) .
hot66

Post by hot66 »

£230 on it's way from the Mike Bainbridge Masterclass :)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
rafiki
DDK addict

Post by rafiki »

Just a heads up at the moment, but the Cape to Cape organizers are hoping to run a seventh tour in May next year. Route still not completely decided, but could end at Cape Finisterre (Spain), starting from Cape Cornwall.

Carolyn and I shall be taking part, again raising funding for Macmillan Cancer Support...in the 912. Starting now, we hope to be able to raise a reasonable amount again.

We'll keep you posted.

(Or have the odd look on www.pr4motorsport.com/macmillan.htm)
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.