The FIA decision on the legality of the double diffuser.

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

The FIA decision on the legality of the double diffuser.

Post by bjmullan »

You just got to love Ferrari. During the FIA hearing into the Brawn, Toyota and Williams diffusers they openly admitted that their car (and everyone else's car were illegal!!). Read below (from the FIA press release)....

At the hearing, Ferrari acknowledged that multiple vertical transitions had been used by many teams in the past, including Ferrari itself, and argued that all such prior uses (including its own) had constituted a technical violation of the TR which had been tolerated. However, it argued that where multiple transitions had been used at the front of the car, rather than the rear, this constituted only a minor breach which could have been easily remedied, had it been necessary to do so, without a significant detriment to performance. Ferrari contends that multiple vertical transitions at the rear of the car have not been seen before and constitute a more serious violation which should not be tolerated.
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I see Mclaren have been issues with an extended ban!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29042009/ ... d-ban.html
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
jwhillracer
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jwhillracer »

Probably the fairest judgement that could have been made. Now lets have some more racing.
One of the biggest savings Mosley could make in F1 would be to cut out Court cases. :roll:
Not having diffusers didn't slow Red Bull too much..........
Football, Rugby, Tennis, Snooker, and nearly every other professional sport make their decisions on the spot, why can't F1? I don't think MotoGP gets involved in anything like this.
Lets race, and the first to the chequered flag wins!

JW
Life's a single timed run with no practice....
1970 914/6 2.4E/Webers
1970 VW Beetle project
1972 911 Hillclimber 3.2 MFI. Part of the family for 30+ years!
2006 Hymer Merc Starline 630
2000 T4 Van LPG
2000 Golf V5 Estate GT (Greyhound Transport!)