Face lift

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

swapped
DDK slapper chatter

Face lift

Post by swapped »

I've waited since pretty-much the day I bought the car to do this - The colour coded bumpers were often admired, but gave the car far too much of the MX-5 for me, and I've long wanted to have black and silver plates to help the car show it's age with pride.

Nothing wrong with MX-5s, BTW, but my car isn't one (certainly not any more).

Before:

After:

Not a very flattering angle for a 914, but; Before:

After:

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Much improved! 8)
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
White Van Man
DDK addict

Post by White Van Man »

That looks really nice now imo.
Funnily enough was loooking thro some old car mags the other day and saw this in the sale section ,guess it was from the previous owner to you had it up for sale .
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

Yep ! Another positive vote here.
rhd racer
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rhd racer »

Looking good Carl - greatly improved.

Good to see you got the exhaust on - pleased with it I hope? And a shifting gearbox too I assume?!!

All the best
Wayne
93 964 C2
99 Boxster 2.5 > 2.7 hill climber

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
swapped
DDK slapper chatter

Post by swapped »

:)

Thank you for the kind words, Chaps - all encouragement gratefully received!

I hoped you'd spot the exhaust Wayne - in fact, if you look at another picture, you can see the exhaust and the end-casting that both came my way as part of your upgrade path...

I love the view under the back of my car now - all that tubing :drunken:

You can just about see one of the stub-pipes I made in order to fit it.

In fact, you can also see a little of the the CV gaskets, boots and bolts that came from Andrew's left-overs :)

Hooray for DDK, and other people with more ambitious upgrade-paths than me!

It's all running pretty well now - it ticks-over and everything 8) - and makes a sound that promises an awful lot more than 1.7 litres can deliver 8)

And the gear change is far, far better than previously - though I'm willing to bet that's more due to the change of oil than my efforts with casings and cogs.
rhd racer
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rhd racer »

Good man - I can just about see the stubby, albeit hampered by the shine coming off the pushrod tube 8) 8) 8) You have been busy!
93 964 C2
99 Boxster 2.5 > 2.7 hill climber

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
moggy
DDK rules my life!

Post by moggy »

Luvin that front, sweet look 8)

If you want a rear valance to complete the back I've got one you can have, will need a bit of TLC (i.e. paint) but it's all there.
porker914
DDK forever

Post by porker914 »

Looks much better, my only comment though is that you need to cut and fit some front grilles to finish the front end off.

david
1969 914 now crushed!!
1971 914 now sold
1973 914 now sold
1975 914 now sold
ged914cymru
DDK addict

Post by ged914cymru »

Just incase he's not interested in the valance Moggs :oops: , could I offer you some readies for it?? :?
1975 914/4 1911cc Yellow (sold)
Why wait until mid-life to have a crisis?
swapped
DDK slapper chatter

Post by swapped »

White Van Man wrote:That looks really nice now imo.
Funnily enough was loooking thro some old car mags the other day and saw this in the sale section ,guess it was from the previous owner to you had it up for sale .
It seems to be a bit of an attention whore - evidence its (in)famous appearance as Miss June in the Crap Cars calendar, plus a prominent roll on the front page of the 914 Register website. :roll:

Which magazine was it? And from what year?
rhd racer wrote:Good man - I can just about see the stubby, albeit hampered by the shine coming off the pushrod tube 8) 8) 8) You have been busy!
Good eyes!

You don't know the half of it - there's the full MSD ignition that's gone on, the battery cut-off, the boot struts, the snap-off Momo steering wheel, the harness bar and schrothes...

Oh, and when I couldn't get the time or the energy to work on the real car, I made a little 1/43 tester to see if I liked black bumpers with the red paint and black/silver wheels...

moggy wrote:Luvin that front, sweet look 8)

If you want a rear valance to complete the back I've got one you can have, will need a bit of TLC (i.e. paint) but it's all there.
I'm undecided about a rear valance - mostly down to loving the view under there :oops: - and I have a perfectly servicable one of my own that just needs a tidy-up, but the thought is very much appreciated, thank you. :)
porker914 wrote:Looks much better, my only comment though is that you need to cut and fit some front grilles to finish the front end off.

david
Don't get me started on cutting - if I get brave enough to start cutting holes in things, it will result in bonnet pins and a big circular hole in the bonnet before any bumper grills, but I'm trying to resist...
ged914cymru wrote:Just incase he's not interested in the valance Moggs :oops: , could I offer you some readies for it?? :?
See above. :wink:
moggy
DDK rules my life!

Post by moggy »

ged914cymru wrote:Just incase he's not interested in the valance Moggs :oops: , could I offer you some readies for it?? :?
No need for the readies matey, it's yours if you want to come pick it up :)

Cheers

Moggy