Hi from another new member

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

Histrally
DDK Fanatic

Hi from another new member

Post by Histrally »

Hello DDKer's
Not only new to DDK but new to Porsche. To fund the new project I have just sold a lovely 1968 MGC and have hopefully sold my Historic Rally Midget. I guess that gives my interest in historic rallying away.
I chatted to Helen at the DDK stand at the NEC in November and looked all over her nice 911S. Hence how I came to know about DDK. I have bought but not yet picked up a LHD ex Californian 1971 car. The object is to build it into a regularity and tour car. It has been part converted to an RS Replica but not yet had the engine converted from 2.4.The next phase of the project.
It has had a full roll cage fitted, lightweight competition loom and close ratio box with LSD. Hope to get the engine and underbody guards done soon.
I shall be looking for advice I am sure in the early days. Just getting used to the big jump in the cost of parts!!
Jerry
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

:cheers: hey,you found us.

thought you were looking for a 1965 911 for historic rallying ? or have i got you confused with someone else?
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Histrally
DDK Fanatic

Another new member

Post by Histrally »

Helen,
You are not confused. I was, but budget prevailed and I have gone for a category 2 car.(Pre 1974) It just means that on UK MSA events I have to ask the event organisers to obtain the OK from the MSA to run. Daft because I could run a pre 1968 car with no issues. Other people are running cat 2 cars OK. I am hoping to do some longer overseas events and there is less of an issue.
Jerry
Cortina
DDK rules my life!

Post by Cortina »

Historic rally midget ? ... hmm ... did JC ever sit with you ?? (Or is it GC ? ... not sure how she spells it ?) :lol:
Royal Enfield .. still in India
GL 1800 Tour DCT, for pleasure / Fantic 240 Professional - play
Rally 911 (1966) build parked for a while
Rally 928 (work started again - inc serious weight loss programe !)
.... and now another VW Up GTI owner.
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Welcome to the forum Jerry and make sure you post some pictures when the car arrives

Cheers

Mark
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah